Post what happens out and about
Post a pic of Santa
and more

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Christmas doesn't exist till after thanksgiving. It's a rule. Written somewhere. I know it is bro code for sure. Lol

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Christmas doesn't exist till after thanksgiving. It's a rule. Written somewhere. I know it is bro code for sure. Lol
Yeah I know but I go shopping early and am done as of today
I do go shopping early so I get all the time to enjoy the season and have fun baking and spend time with the family and friends !

Oct 3, 2009
Ug....is it time for christmas shopping again?

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
I am with you on this one, way too early to even consider it.
Is not! I have a job interview, part time seasonal help cause I'm starting to go crazy sitting at home. Where? Target so I can get an employee discount on the majority of my lil mans X-mas toys. Lol 2 birds.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Is not! I have a job interview, part time seasonal help cause I'm starting to go crazy sitting at home. Where? Target so I can get an employee discount on the majority of my lil mans X-mas toys. Lol 2 birds.
You are getting him two birds? From targét? :p

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
You are getting him two birds? From targét? :p
no. Lol he wants these. Bike for home, golf cart for camp ( my grandparents campground are mostly retirees and they get around on golf carts)

Attachments

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's November 2nd. A little early, right? ;)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It's November 2nd. A little early, right? ;)
Almost as early as November 1st lol
I grew up in a house where my mother was done shopping for everyone by thanksgiving. She was the kind of mom that sent out two hundred Xmas cards with a family newsletter written in the third person from the vase on top of the book case or the family pet. She kept track of who she sent cards to and who sent them back. She had a spread sheet (homemade pre excel days) and if she didn't receive a card from you in the last four years you were taken off the list. Xmas cards received went in the back of the front door. Taped and arranged in the shape of a tree. She kept lists of what everyone got. What was in your stocking. For every year. My dad still to this day shops on the 23rd and 24th of December every year. Drove my mom nuts. Only rule he had was no Xmas music before thanksgiving.
My mom passed away six years ago. When going through her stuff we found a list for every year with what everyone got for Xmas. Miss my mom around Xmas time.

I maintain that until turkey day (tofurkey day for some) that it is to early for Xmas stuff. Someone should tell corporate America that as I saw Xmas tree displays up in stores two weeks ago.

Oct 3, 2009
Yup...Wal-Mart has all their Christmas trees and decorations out already. They have for a couple of weeks.

I still say it's too early. Some of my kids are already talking about shopping on black friday. They can't seem to fathom why i wouldn't be there for that. LOL.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I am a lot like your mom I bought cards already and have a list as well
I will star addressing them soon as I believe a card should be arrived the first advent week
As moms we have to get it all done from decor to food arrangements to gifts and not just for family and friends there are teachers and service people neighbors ( yeah right ? ) and so much todo

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Most retail stores these days are complete decorated for Christmas about two weeks before Halloween. That's how important the holiday season is to retailers. Make or break for many of them.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
do you not want the iTunes version of the book ? I bought it but man no time
I do reading discussions circle thing at sons school now which has me read their assigned book
Then I preparing crafts/art for upcoming events
This week I crafting a lantern for St Martins day
I don't want the iTunes version. Im not into that stuff and it just costs too much.