Post your Fastest 4G/H+ iPhone 4S Speedtests

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Honestly! What is up with this copying and pasting of posts from one forum to another?

You didn't even word it different.

It's under the user joeshmo2010 on macrumors, if anyone is curious.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
It wouldn't mean that he has to get 21mbps. Does everyone get the Max speed on 3G? No

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I don't get anything like these speeds with my 4s or any iPhone I've had, even on wifi. An I missing something here.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
WiFi speeds depend on more than just the fact that you are on WiFi, there are other factors:

-ISP (Ex. Comcast, Verizon, Optimum)
-Internet connectivity type (Ex.DSL, Cable)
-802.11 standard your router supports (a, b, g, n)
-Server you run the Speed Test App to
Etc...

I routinely get 17mbps to 19mbps at home but have seen WiFi speeds slower than 3G (as little as 1mbps) at certain hotels when I travel for work. WiFi does not equal high speed!

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Well my speeds suck on wifi, I'm getting better with 3G. Right now I'm getting less than1.5 Mbps to just over 2.5 with my iPhone. My desktop that has a wired connection is getting over 20 and my laptop is getting over 10. All these are with the app speedtest.net but when I try different app to test the speed some say I am getting between 8-11.

I am very confused over the different apps different numbers. I have use speedtest.net for years so I kind of trust its numbers. So if it's numbers are correct why am I so slow?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Well my speeds suck on wifi, I'm getting better with 3G. Right now I'm getting less than1.5 Mbps to just over 2.5 with my iPhone. My desktop that has a wired connection is getting over 20 and my laptop is getting over 10. All these are with the app speedtest.net but when I try different app to test the speed some say I am getting between 8-11.

I am very confused over the different apps different numbers. I have use speedtest.net for years so I kind of trust its numbers. So if it's numbers are correct why am I so slow?

Check what server you're partnering with, with the different device tests?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
@Docd, of this is home wifi, you might want to check the router and see if there is a firmware update for it. That may help with speeds on your phone. I was having somewhat slow connections using speediest a one point. Applied a new firmware to the router and I pull from 15 - 19 Mbps on my phone now.

Attachments

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
@Docd, of this is home wifi, you might want to check the router and see if there is a firmware update for it. That may help with speeds on your phone. I was having somewhat slow connections using speediest a one point. Applied a new firmware to the router and I pull from 15 - 19 Mbps on my phone now.
I did the firmware update like you suggested boy did it make a difference. I didn't think I was going to help cause is was 2 years old update I was wrong. Now I'm getting 15-20. Thanks for your help.