Post your iPhone 5 speed test!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I've already posted this screenshot from the Speedtest.app on another thread, but I feel it merits posting here again, since it seems come into play when testing "high performance networks on latest-generation iOS devices." In other words, the iPhone 5 itself, which is the whole purpose of this thread.

Any thoughts on this?
speedtestphoto.PNG

By the way, you can find it on your own Speedtest.app by simply tapping on the ⓘ/About button on the lower right-hand corner of your Speedtest.app screen (make sure you've updated to the latest version of the app; namely, the one that was released on March 25th, 1013 (Version 3.0.1).

Could it mean we've been getting inaccurate results when testing speeds via Ookla's suite of products?

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
Hmm... I wonder what they mean by "improper results." Speeds reported too high? Too low?

I just wish that the app had a way to shorten tests, because the latest version has much longer tests than the prior, thus using much more data.

B

Bharding08

This is embarrassing
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1366490030.955786.jpg
from northeast pa. When I did it from Clifton nj which is far away it was 5 only.

Sent using iCafe app

B

Bharding08

Cool. Scranton, PA. I've seen every episode of The Office. (y) I'm going to miss that show.
Yeah I am going to also! It was great! Met a couple of cast members while living 15 minutes from their.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: Europa

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Guys, if you are using custom carrier logos, please post which carrier you use. Also, try to time the screenshot with the city listing. It's shown at the bottom of the screen, but it alternates with "hosted by," so it's only visible 50% of the time. This will eliminate most questions regarding the screenshots. Thanks.