Post Your Last Purchase

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Awesome! I actually changed my mind when I went into the store on Tuesday and decided to get plantation shutters as well. Everyone in the store preferred them and they said they last longer and insulate better than the blackout honeycomb/cellular shades. They also said shutters are the only type that will actually increase your home value. I only ordered them for my computer room right now (with the top third opening independently from the bottom two thirds), but I'll probably get some for the living room and bedrooms as well if I really like these. They take four to six weeks since they are custom made, so I have to wait a while. Post some pics of yours when you move in. I'm pretty stoked to get mine. I haven't been this excited about a purchase for a long time.
Got them today. I only installed this set so far. Have to go to a gathering so I will install the other three sets tomorrow.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Reactions: Europa

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I don't use a computer outside of work that much anymore. I mainly use my iPad, but I do still need a couple of windows programs. I have been looking for a smaller laptop for myself so I can give my bigger 15.6 to my daughter. Saw this Thinkpad on Woot today and bought it. Should work for what I need and it is a good price.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@Europa Did you end up getting the plantation shutters for your windows?
Yep. I had them installed about a month ago. I love them! I got plantation shutters with a warm chestnut finish for my computer room and Desert Sand color Hunter Douglas top-down, bottom-up cellular blackout shades for my living room. I got the 4.5 inch louvers on the plantation shutters with the top two louvers separate from the rest so I can open them independently from the others when I want to let a little light in, but still have privacy. It's awesome how well the shutters blackout the room when they are closed. I'm looking forward to them helping with the room insulation next summer.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Got my LG Watch Urbane LTE 2nd Edition. It's the first Android Wear device to have LTE and GPS. Had to get a smartwatch to go with my Note 5. It's a really nice wearable with tons of interactive watch faces. It has built in GPS and LTE/3G radio so I don't need my smartphone when I go running. It also works with iOS devices but some functions will be limited. The only thing I don't like is the band. It cannot be swapped out because the antenna is built into it. I thought the battery would be a problem with the LTE and GPS capability but it lasts just as long as my Apple Watch. I haven't gone running or walking with it yet so we'll see how it holds up during workouts. It's ip67 certified. The charging connection isn't as good as the Apple Watch because I have to line up the contacts. So far I'm loving it.

Reactions: Ledsteplin