Post Your Last Purchase

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Strangely enough, these $25 in-ear headphones are the best pair I've ever owned, and I've owned a few. The phones have dual drivers, plenty of earpieces, a hard case and a soft drawstring case, and are built really tough. They also have great response and sound great. These aren't for the kiddy set who want boomy bass and no mids or highs; these are fairly flat and have a really good soundstage. I love them.

Yes, they're Chinese and are called ActionPie, but these are great.

51KdN8WY-xL._SL1000_.jpg
61ga-kTaNcL._SL1001_.jpg

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Strangely enough, these $25 in-ear headphones are the best pair I've ever owned, and I've owned a few. The phones have dual drivers, plenty of earpieces, a hard case and a soft drawstring case, and are built really tough. They also have great response and sound great. These aren't for the kiddy set who want boomy bass and no mids or highs; these are fairly flat and have a really good soundstage. I love them.

Yes, they're Chinese and are called ActionPie, but these are great.

View attachment 44308 View attachment 44309
I've been looking for a good, but comfortable set for when I'm on a plane. I know these aren't noise cancelling, but how do you think they would do for plane travel?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've been looking for a good, but comfortable set for when I'm on a plane. I know these aren't noise cancelling, but how do you think they would do for plane travel?
Pretty well. One of the eartip pairs is foam for better noise cancellation. The Apple Earpods were good for me on a plane and I'm sure these would be good as well. You can't beat the price for the sound quality.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have a pair of in-ear Apple Earpods that I use for planes. They work great and the triple-click and all that works the same. I use my regular Apple Earpods everywhere else.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Also, I picked up a Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro. I am trying to see if I can make it replace my laptop for day to day use. My issue is that I am used to a folio case for my iPad. Need to find a solution to give me somewhat equal protection while using the Smart Keyboard as a cover.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
gearfit2.jpg

I Bought a Samsung Gear Fit2 for my wife and I. I got the blue and she got the pink. It's not iOS compatible yet, but Samsung says by the end of the year it will be. I can sync it with my Galaxy tab 4 8.0 for now, or just use it as a stand alone.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Someone pleaseeee help me NOT buy a MacBook!!!! Need to wait to see what the new refresh will look like in September :( I'm so impatient!!
It’s basically August already. Hang in there. Treat yourself to something else if you must—something that won’t be superseded by a better model in <60 days.

Now, someone please help me not buy more of these.

I know I’ve used this cliché here on eiC before, but this game is like crack! (Link provided for non-Americans who may not be familiar with our drug lingo.)

IMG_1997.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I finally saved the money and ordered a Zombie Tools Zakasushi 11 days ago. They advertise a 6-8 week lead time but I got my shipping email today! I'm stoked! Here's a link to the details, NSFW.

View attachment 44405
"Zakasushi" is Japanese for that phrase?

So every time we say “Sushi”—we’re actually saying a part of that phrase?! :D

I wonder which part—the harsh verb or the innocent pronoun? :)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It’s basically August already. Hang in there. Treat yourself to something else if you must—something that won’t be superseded by a better model in <60 days.

Now, someone please help me not buy more of these.

I know I’ve used this cliché here on eiC before, but this game is like crack! (Link provided for non-Americans who may not be familiar with our drug lingo.)

View attachment 44407
Thanks Rafagon, I must wait!!!!!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
"Zakasushi" is Japanese for that phrase?

So every time we say “Sushi”—we’re actually saying a part of that phrase?! :D

I wonder which part—the harsh verb or the innocent pronoun? :)
I checked with my good friend that lives in Japan. He has two kids with his Japanese wife and he translates English/Japanese to English for a living. He said "I've never heard that word before...I think it's just a dorky joke." I agree with him. The ZT website states that "The Zakasushi is our take on the Japanese wakizashi, traditionally a companion sword to the katana." Their version of the katana is the "Apokatana." :D

I think you're safe saying "sushi." Safer than eating it anyway. :sick: ;)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My original earbuds that came with my iPhone have become damaged from wires twisting or getting caught. I will now use blue tooth earbuds from now on. I had bought some last year, but they were kind of bulky and stuck out too much. I think I will like these light-weight, compact ones much more.

61HdynA83cL._SL1200_.jpg
618MvyaSaaL._SL1000_.jpg