Post Your Last Purchase

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
With it being the Holiday season there's quite a few! But I will say the most recent Bowers and Wilkins P7s I got during Black Friday for $270 are amazing. Also have a Dragonfly Red (Digital to Analog Converter) on order to go with them!

Although most will say this is nutso, my wife and I decided to get our 16 month old his own 32GB iPod Touch. Obviously it will be given to him by us just for small video watching/learning/playing times. It's not really "his" as it would be for a older child. Mainly we were just tired of our iPhone batteries being held hostage lol. We also got him a kid case for it.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Just got an iPhone 7 Plus, 128 GB, Black (not Jet Black).

IMG_0004.JPG

Incredibly happy to have 128 GB of storage. Ecstatic, even.

The incredibly minuscule 16 GB storage (on my iPhone 6s Plus) sure did suck!

Last edited:

Mamamia

Jan 10, 2017
Installed one of those little Clash of Clans ripoffs. Turns out to be a mix of Faster Than Light. $100 in micro credit later... yeah. That's my spending money gone for the month.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Have fun Napoleon! It's very satisfying to build your own machine. I've done that with my last two computers. You get what you want in a computer for about 1/2 the cost of a store bought machine. Not to mention the satisfaction of building your own.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Have fun Napoleon! It's very satisfying to build your own machine. I've done that with my last two computers. You get what you want in a computer for about 1/2 the cost of a store bought machine. Not to mention the satisfaction of building your own.
I've been doing it since the early 90s. It started with my Cyrix P166+ CPU setup. I was in the Air Force Band at the time and we were to stay at a single motel in Maine for a few days during an upcoming tour. One of the guys in the band worked part-time at Circuit City and procured us all network cards. Five or six of us hung out in one room all night for several nights playing Doom. It was awesome and my PC was blowing everyone else's away speed-wise. Those were the days. :)

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
My current computer is my best effort so far. An Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard with an AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core 3.50 gigahertz processor, 5 TB of storage on 3 Hard Drives and 16 GB of memory. I don't do any gaming or Processor/Memory intensive work other than some video processing occasionally and rarely exceed 50% processor usage so I should be set for a few years. I do like playing with a couple older Dell machines I have, one running Linux Black Lab and one that runs Linux OpenSuse 42.2. I've still got a lot of learning to do with Linux but like what I'm finding so far. Enjoy your new "Toy"!

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I decided to increase my Apple "fanboy-ness" buy getting an Apple Watch. 42mm Series 2, Space Grey. Immediately had to get a different band - nylon strap band. I dislike all the Apple bands that I have looked at. Also bought a case because I am worried about smacking the watch into a doorframe or something.
band.jpg case.jpg

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest