Post Your Last Purchase

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It was on sale for $250. I connected it to my TV via HDMI for testing and it looked great. I'll mostly use it for traveling. Kev and I usually bring a PS3 for Blu-rays in hotels and this will be smaller and easier to pack.
I concur. Watching Blume is way better than that 12 local channels they give you in a hotel. 250 sounds like a steal.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It said it was $299 on Bestbuy.com so I was pretty happy to find it on sale. Last one in stock, too. :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
That looks very nice, Mindi. It would also be a nice addition in the car while you're on your way to your destination. Don't lose your focus from the road, though. :D

sorbet

Bronze
Dec 11, 2011
Ohio
welp, apparently i threw the diet/ half marathon training out the window this weekend... :whistle:

also my fiance bought a black dodge ram, and it matches my black dodge charger a little too well. now we're that house with the matching cars (kinda). not a fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

JubJubJub

Dec 22, 2011
welp, apparently i threw the diet/ half marathon training out the window this weekend... :whistle:

also my fiance bought a black dodge ram, and it matches my black dodge charger a little too well. now we're that house with the matching cars (kinda). not a fan.
If it makes you feel better, we had four volkswagens in the driveway growing up.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
maybe so, but if you were to stick winter tires on your Audi...you wouldn't believe what your car is capable of on the snow... I have a few friends with Audi's and 4matic Benzs, and they all swear by snow tires in the winter.
I put winters on the AWD Volvo, I think two years back when we had a ton of snow and I was using the car as a snow plow, deliberately driving through the taller drifts to break them up. Normally I'd avoid depths that would drag on the underside but with winters, I could stop in stuff covering half the door and it was nothing to get going.

FWD to AWD is night and day. AWD to AWD+winters is also night and day. When conditions allow you to test it. Would actually laugh at the FWD SUVs that would try to drive the far left on the highway and then pull over as I passed them by.

Should also say, huge difference between say, Michelin and Goodyear. Is there anything that sticks better than Michelins?

That said, so glad I skipped on winters this year.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just ordered 12 GB of ram, which will take me 18GB triple channel. Memory is so cheap these days!