Post your model # and any issues with your iPhone.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I went to the Apple store today, and noticed the demo units had some problems. I checked around in the settings, and noticed they had a different model number than I did.

So, I want to do a small experiment here. Post which model number you have, and any problems, such as low volume, or crappy battery life.

To find your model number...

Settings > General > About > Model

My Model #: MA712
Problems: Short battery life. Keyboard lag in landscape mode (Safari)

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
MA712 ok, an ocassional "needs repair"
Loses signal and must restart to get signal again, a real pain.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
That doesn't seem a good sign to me that the case and software model numbers don't match haha..
That is standard Apple. Apple ususually has two model numbers an 'A' number and an 'M' number. I don't really know what the differance is. The A number is usually found on the outside of a the case while the M number is found on the outside of the box and in software. However even that is not exclusive as I have seen them reversed sometimes to.

- SR

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
MA712 8gb

Can't hear through the Receiver. Volume too low!

The receiver is the speaker that you hold up to your ear when holding the iPhone in your hand. (ref: iPhone Manual). Also low volume on other phone functions.

iPod features and bottom speaker is working great.

All other functions or just fine.

rosko23

Jun 30, 2007
MA712 - still cant get iTunes to recognize my iPhone. Took it to the Apple store and they werent able to do it either. They said it is something with my powerbook but they didn't know what it was. Any help would be great.

I have all the right requirements. Powerbook G4, OS 10.4.10, iTunes 7.3. enough RAM and Hard drive space. iPhoto recognizes the phone but no iTunes. :( I am going nuts. I might just buy a new Mac.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
MA712 8Gb

Receiver - volume at max is to low.
Speaker Phone - Volume at max is to low.
Speaker IPod - Volume at max is ok but could be louder.
Browser - Drops to Desktop to often. When email is received,
3 or more browser windows open.

Currently this is all I have noticed, and or remember at this time.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
when I go to settings to look it says the one that you saw on the one in the store (MA501) but when I look on the back of my phone it says A1203. Myproblems are keyboard lag in lanscape mode, safari crashes, music stops randomly while using safari, and thats about it.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Model MA712

Firmware: 03.12.06_G

No usage stats (and yes, I've gotten the battery full charged).
Music/iPod crashes when browsing Safari on WiFi

Um...

Do we know for sure the MA712 isn't the 8gb and the MA501 the 4gb? LOL