Posting to Twitter from Camera Roll

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
scrappermamo.blogspot.com
Since upgrading to iPhone 6 Plus, I can't post a tweet from the Camera Roll. I can choose a photo and choose to tweet, but then it is not able to post. I have to go into twitter and choose a picture and then post. I have checked settings and can't see anything that could be causing this.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Since upgrading to iPhone 6 Plus, I can't post a tweet from the Camera Roll. I can choose a photo and choose to tweet, but then it is not able to post. I have to go into twitter and choose a picture and then post. I have checked settings and can't see anything that could be causing this.
It needs to be configured first. Are you using the official Twitter app and do you get a message that it hasn't been configured yet?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
As far as I know, I am using the official twitter app, and it has not give me a message about configuring.
Make sure it's the app with the icon in my screenshot. Then open the Settings app on your iPhone, scroll down to Twitter and sign in.
image.jpg

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
Yes, it is that app. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it (from the cloud), it did ask me for my password, and I am signed in. Nothing about configuring. Everything stayed in there from the previous install.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, it is that app. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it (from the cloud), it did ask me for my password, and I am signed in. Nothing about configuring. Everything stayed in there from the previous install.
You don't need to redownload it. You just need to sign into your Twitter account in the iPhone Settings app. Click on Twitter here:
image.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You don't have to configure anything in the Twitter app. You just have to log in in Twitter app and in the Settings app. So it now shows that you are logged in in the settings app?

Are you getting the message you see in my screenshot? Please post a screenshot of this screen on your phone:
image.jpg

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
Will try in a minute. It doesn't have that message, though, it says Unable to Post Tweet. I have the choice of try again or cancel. However, that message comes up immediately, not after trying to post. And if I then go out of Photos and into Twitter, it will let me post the picture by going from twitter to the camera roll.

bkford

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MO
I just figured it out. Although my twitter account was showing up in the settings, I thought to tap on my user name, which was correct. It took me to another screen where it said invalid password, and after I put my password in there, it now works. Thanks.