Potential problem with Iphone 7, 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by gadgetguy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. gadgetguy

gadgetguy Member
    Bronze

I`ve had my Iphone 7+ for less than a week now & see a problem that might occur with time. Over time, I can see the lightning connector on the Iphone getting dirty & causing problems down the road. Has anyone designed a plug to keep dirt from getting into the lightning connector? I`m thinking about using a memory foam ear protector & cutting it to size to keep any dirt out. Anyone have Ideas?

2. GJCP911

GJCP911 Member
    Bronze

Something like this? Ignore the audio jack cover lol.
    [Aftermarket Prodcut] 10x White Earphone Audio Jack & Lightning Dock Anti Dust Plug Cap For iPhone 5 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A4A8FTE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_udp_api_t08bybAZVCQPF

3. GJCP911

GJCP911 Member
    Bronze

4. gadgetguy

gadgetguy Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the link! I ordered a similar one on Amazon. I have my phone in a Speck case so hope it fits.

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

New Trent cases had their own plugs, as well as others such as LifeProof and Otterbox to name a few.

But, this has been a problem since Apple created the lightening port. It is not just on the iPhone 7.

6. GJCP911

GJCP911 Member
    Bronze

Your welcome. I don't know how but I've never had any trouble with dirt or dust in my lightning port on my iPhone 6 Plus and I've never used a port cover I've just always used a case. I'm currently using an Xvida wireless charging case on my iPhone 6 Plus which covers the port anyway. Link just incase anyone is interested: http://www.xvida.com/en/53-wireless-charging

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not a common problem, but I have seen a couple posts (IIRC, one of them may have been yours) where Apple cleaned/scraped ports for free for people when the ports were dirty or packed with lint and causing connection problems as a result. Plugging the ports is unnecessary for most people. I never had and I've had no problems.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This happened to me a couple of years ago. Apple cleaned out the lightning port and all was well.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And the old 30 pin connectors wouldn't have this problem? That was a much larger opening so it was easier for a lot more gunk to get in there.

10. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

They cleaned mine with an exacto knife. I cleaned another one with skinny medical tweezers.

11. darkpoet25

darkpoet25 Member
    Bronze