Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
The film that comes with Bodyguardz, BSE, etc. are nothing like Crystal film. Those films are very "rubbery" which makes them great for the body of the iPhone, as they improve grip. But on the screen? Not so great, as the stickiness makes the iPhone harder to use IMO.

Crystal film is not rubbery, and IMO actually improves the "feel" of the screen. Morover, it's thicker than the stuff used on the body. Has already protected my screen in a nasty fall on to jagged rocks--face down. The film was destroyed, and I really didn't see how the screen could have survived without--at the least--scratches or chips. But when I peeled the film off the screen was perfect. I'm not sure I would have been as fortunate had my screen been protected by that think stuff used for full body skins.

I use a BSE for the body, Crystal film for the screen, and an Incase rubber sleeve for the whole thing (the BSE prevents the sleeve from scratching the iPhone).

--
Mike

I think you have a good on using the BSE, Crystal film, and incase. Iam going to order them today. I think the phone will be protected very good

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Are you speaking from experience with the bodyguardz for the iPhone? From what i've read, people say it makes it smoother. And since its 2 parts I would think the screen would be something very clear.
Yes, from experience: to me Crystal film is smoother (can't tell it's on--it feels like glass).

Not sure what you meant by "2 parts" as all of the body shields I am aware of have (at least) 2 pieces. All I did was not use the included screen shield, and instead used a Crystal film (for the screen).

--
Mike

mizuhri

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
US of A
justin.fatcake.com
I ruined both of mine. It made me angry. I put it on and I had tiny dust particle on my phone so I lifted it up easy and tried to wipe the screen then I lied it back down and there was more dust. Also you can not clean them. Impossible. You can clean the side you touch but thats it.

OC513

Jul 26, 2007
Crystal's ROCK

I have either used or played with friends iPhones with all of the above mentioned screen protectors and there is no doubt (in my humble opinion) that the Crystal Support is the best by far for the SCREEN......it is like a very thin layer of glass...........it is considerably thicker than BSE & BodyGuardz......it is smooth, almost completely non-detectable (unless you are really looking for it) and is crystal clear. In my experience it is also the easiest of all to put on the phone.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have either used or played with friends iPhones with all of the above mentioned screen protectors and there is no doubt (in my humble opinion) that the Crystal Support is the best by far for the SCREEN......it is like a very thin layer of glass...........it is considerably thicker than BSE & BodyGuardz......it is smooth, almost completely non-detectable (unless you are really looking for it) and is crystal clear. In my experience it is also the easiest of all to put on the phone.
I agree on all points!

--
Mike

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I bought a set about a month ago and applied one while I sat in a restaurant at the mall... and it's fine. I even pulled it off and re-set it the day after because it was a little crooked. I just squeezed a couple of small bubbles out of the edges. No big deal.

I often forget it's there.

For the money I paid for this thing they should have had a set in the box. I do have a small scratch on it so I'll probably swap it out for the other one soon.