Powerpoint

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Hello i've been trying to sync my powerpoint to my iPhone with no luck..
I have a windows computer and just need to save my powerpoint to my iPhone to transfer it to a different computer..

This is kind of urgent... need it by school tomorrow:mad:

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Hello i've been trying to sync my powerpoint to my iPhone with no luck..
I have a windows computer and just need to save my powerpoint to my iPhone to transfer it to a different computer..

This is kind of urgent... need it by school tomorrow:mad:
The iPhone is not detected by any computer as an external storage device, so you can't sync anything to it other than what its allowed to "see" (i.e. contacts, music, video, and photo files), using iTunes. I don't know if that's true for modded iPhone though. Good luck!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You can't actually put things on the iPhone like you use to be able to do with an iPhone because the iPhone doesn't have disk mode by default. There are however many options to actually put stuff on the phone itself. If you have a jailbroken phone, you can SSH files on to the iPhone from either Windows or Mac using WinSCP or CyberDuck. Otherwise you can use a program like iPhoneDrive for the Mac.

Is your phone jailbroken? If not, just email the file to yourself, you'll be able to see it on the phone then.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You can't actually put things on the iPhone like you use to be able to do with an iPhone because the iPhone doesn't have disk mode by default. There are however many options to actually put stuff on the phone itself. If you have a jailbroken phone, you can SSH files on to the iPhone from either Windows or Mac using WinSCP or CyberDuck. Otherwise you can use a program like iPhoneDrive for the Mac.

Is your phone jailbroken? If not, just email the file to yourself, you'll be able to see it on the phone then.
Even if he emailed the powerpoint to himself he will not be able to read it. He needs a thumb flash drive to take it.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes most files you can email and see. I have a ton of word files I need access to during the day and that's what I do... Then thy're also ready to email to for other folks(price sheets for my line of work).

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
yes most files you can email and see. I have a ton of word files I need access to during the day and that's what I do... Then thy're also ready to email to for other folks(price sheets for my line of work).
So you email them to yourself with an attached word file, or do you just copy paste all the contents of the word file into the email? In other words does the iPhone let me open word attachments?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes, looks like you can only open Word and Excel, so I guess I was wrong when I said email the PPT to yourself.

I was saying about the Word document because someone asked about it.