PPL say Notes don't Sync, but Mine did!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Did a restore the other day after iBrickr bugged up my phone, checked my synced stuff and my notes from June 30 were still there. I've seen many posts where ppl said their Notes didn't sync, so WTH?

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Did a restore the other day after iBrickr bugged up my phone, checked my synced stuff and my notes from June 30 were still there. I've seen many posts where ppl said their Notes didn't sync, so WTH?
I'm guessing they sync to a backup of some sort, but they don't sync to any application on the computer. I've had to wipe my iPhone twice already haven't lost any of my Notes.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I noticed that every single little setting got synced all the way to brightness settings. The only things that were not were passwords. This included e-mail and voicemail.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC

I believe that people are referring to the sync of notes to a similar notes application on their desktop and not to a "backup" from iTunes or something. For example, in iTunes, whereas you see options for syncing of calendar, contacts, etc. you do not see similar options of how you would like notes to be synced.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I believe that people are referring to the sync of notes to a similar notes application on their desktop and not to a "backup" from iTunes or something. For example, in iTunes, whereas you see options for syncing of calendar, contacts, etc. you do not see similar options of how you would like notes to be synced.
I understand, but I've seen may posts where ppl lost their Notes after a restore. I didn't, so I was just wondering what the deal was.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
I understand, but I've seen may posts where ppl lost their Notes after a restore. I didn't, so I was just wondering what the deal was.

my iPhone retains notes as well after a restore. i think most people's do. as with all other problems, only a minority of users have it.