Prada Phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 19, 2007
How do you feel about the Prada Phone? Did Apple copycat? Let's discuss...

My feelings:

The prada phone may have made it to market first, but the iPhone as far as I'm concerned has many more features, like the accelerator (screen sensor, you can turn it sideways to view pics), music (it's a freakin IPOD, eat it prada!) and the iPhone is even in color! Yes the prada phone is only in black and white...lol Anyways, I think that prada shoved their phone out their first for publicity without any real meat on its bones, besides the touch screen. The Apple iPhone will far surpass prada's sales in the first month.

I really don't understand why prada wanted a phone anyways, just cause D&G did a RAZR?

That's my two-cents and I'm sticking to it.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
The prada phone does color.

No on screen qwerty keyboard though, just a num pad with letters. For all the grief the iPhone has taken for not being good for businesss ppl, the prada is clearly just a cool phone to have.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
There are a couple of threads mentioning this gizmo (here, here). Apple was too deep into R&D for them to have ripped off the Prada, but at the end of the day the Prada won't be able to do what the iPhone can. Imagine a Porsche versus a Daewoo with a Porsche cutout glued to the side. :p

-K

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 21, 2007
and plus, the prada phone seems to not be coming to the us market anytime soon. it may have been put out first, but it will not compare the the iPhone in any way, especially with respect the the features of the iPhone

Mar 22, 2007
Prada phone? Oh come on!

I agree that the Prada phone is weak. It's about as weak and skimpy as the models on its website! The prada phone pails in comparason to iPhone in so many ways. The only plus about it is that it has a flash for taking pictures. I do wish the iPhone would come with a flash feature. As far as everything else, well iPhone has it bagged. The ability ti synce with iTunes for music, t.v. shows and movies is amazing not to mention pictures! Not only will I be able to consolidate my iPod and phone into one device but no longer will I need to keep pictures in the wallet! With the iPhone's ability to dowload pics I will be able to show off my cute puppy to everyone and then easily change the pics whenever I want! Ok, so those who know me know that I don't have a puppy but you get the idea.

In short, Prada................ honestly........... if I am spending money I Prada i am still going to buy the iPhone because its a far better product. Stick to fashion design, it looks better on your models than the your phone does.

My feelings:

The prada phone may have made it to market first, but the iPhone as far as I'm concerned has many more features, like the accelerator (screen sensor, you can turn it sideways to view pics), music (it's a freakin IPOD, eat it prada!) and the iPhone is even in color! Yes the prada phone is only in black and white...lol Anyways, I think that prada shoved their phone out their first for publicity without any real meat on its bones, besides the touch screen. The Apple iPhone will far surpass prada's sales in the first month.

I really don't understand why prada wanted a phone anyways, just cause D&G did a RAZR?

May 25, 2007

My feelings:

I agree! I'm sure Parish Hilton will most likely be seen with a Prada phone than with an iPhone.... And as far as the non-qwerty keyboard on the Prada, wouldn't just some software updates enable users to have one? I mean, with these all touch screen phones aren't a lot of future features just going to be based on them developing the software for them?

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
I agree! I'm sure Parish Hilton will most likely be seen with a Prada phone than with an iPhone.... And as far as the non-qwerty keyboard on the Prada, wouldn't just some software updates enable users to have one? I mean, with these all touch screen phones aren't a lot of future features just going to be based on them developing the software for them?
Or at least a Prada carrying case for her iPhone.

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
I think that the funny part about this is that Verizon is going to be the carrier for the Prada. you know that Apple first tried to take the iPhone to Verizon. they just didn't want to sign the type of contract that Apple had for them. So now Verizon is trying to jump on this in the hopes that it will keep up with the iPhone. you know so they won't loose their customers .

May 6, 2007
United States
I heard of the Prada a while back, actually before I really got excited about the iPhone. My impression of it is that it is a nice phone, yes, but that it can't beat the iPhone in most aspects. The iPhone has the aesthetics, the features, and the coolness factor. And the Prada, well....meh...:laugh2:

Maybe it would be one of my choices if the iPhone didn't exist. But that would be terrible :D