Pre Approval Credit code problem

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I got my iPhone today (yay!) but when i get home to activate it, it tells me to put in a PRE APPROVAL CREDIT CODE that needs to be 9-digits, 12-digits, or 13-digits. The # that the guy at the store gave me is 14-digits and i called them and he even said that its weird how that says that because thats the # i need to use (the one he gave me thats 14-digits). He then said that people are having trouble with this and some people fixed it by just re typing there info in the spaces a couple times and it worked...ive tried it maybe 30 times and its saying that it needs a 9, 12, or a 13-digit # and mine is 14-digits...PLEASE help me in another way to get my iPhone activated..rep!

Last edited by a moderator:

JAF

Jun 27, 2007
I got my iPhone today (yay!) but when i get home to activate it, it tells me to put in a PRE APPROVAL CREDIT CODE that needs to be 9-digits, 12-digits, or 13-digits. The # that the guy at the store gave me is 14-digits and i called them and he even said that its weird how that says that because thats the # i need to use (the one he gave me thats 14-digits). He then said that people are having trouble with this and some people fixed it by just re typing there info in the spaces a couple times and it worked...ive tried it maybe 30 times and its saying that it needs a 9, 12, or a 13-digit # and mine is 14-digits...PLEASE help me in another way to get my iPhone activated..rep!
I had the same problem....I started over, without using the pre approval credit code and I was successful. Now I am just waiting for the activation email....One hour and fifteen minuets and counting...

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Are you a current customer because i just swtiched over...so where did it tell you to wait for an email? After i do the activation without the code, then it basically asks me put in a pre approval code or do prepay! WTF!

JAF

Jun 27, 2007
Are you a current customer because i just swtiched over...so where did it tell you to wait for an email?
I transferred a number from Nextel/Sprint. I was told at the end I would receive and e-mail. Now when I connect the phone iTunes gives me the same screen and I do not have the option to activate the iPhone.

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Can u tell me step by step what u did or something because even when i try and transfer my account from Verizon...it still does the same thing...it doesn't even tell me to wait for an email...WTF please help man..ive been waiting for this phone since january and i get it and i cant get it to work..please help!

JAF

Jun 27, 2007
Can u tell me step by step what u did or something because even when i try and transfer my account from Verizon...it still does the same thing...it doesn't even tell me to wait for an email...WTF please help man..ive been waiting for this phone since january and i get it and i cant get it to work..please help!
I'm not really sure what to tell you. I entered the same information I gave at the AT&T store. I'm sorry.....

twindc23

Bronze
Jan 10, 2007
my pre-approved credit didn't work either. so i followed what u guys did by not putting anything and it worked!
thanks guys