Pre-Approved Credit Check

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 20, 2007
Hey guys,
I am sure most of you have heard about the activation through iTunes and that you will do your credit check there. I just wanted to point out that if you are a new customer and purchase at an AT&T store they will be required to ask you if you want to get "pre-approved". Basically, they can do the credit check for you and provide you with a "pre-approved credit check code" that will be printed on your receipt.
Ley me just stress how much this can help you out. If you have less than stellar credit you will be required to pay a deposit to continue the activation. This is the case for quite a lot of people and I have seen people get hit with $1000 deposits before! The check especially looks at younger folks (age 18-22). I am 21 and have what I consider to be great credit (over 720 score) and I required a $250 deposit when I signed up for service a few moths ago.
If you do require a deposit you will have to go to your nearest AT&T CORPORATE store and pay the deposit before the phone will work at all.
I know a lot of people object to the check in store because that is how AT&T tracks comission, but please remember that if you were in their situation you would be pissed if someone intentionally wanted to screw you out of comission by not taking 2 minutes to let them run your credit for you.
Bottom line, be nice tomorrow! Save yourself some time and help feed your AT&T rep who just supplied you with the best phone ever.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!