Pre-order horror story.. I'm so livid at this point.

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by rollinfromhell, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

Ordered at 11:59pm: order got cancelled due to a weird ineligibility error. At this point, they had already charged my card 218 dollars to pay off the rest of my next plan: AND the tax of the phone. That was 6 days of hell trying to get refunded and it finally got refunded yesterday. Then they didn't charge my bill. So that was also included in the mix. Flashing back to order day: I couldn't order online after that premiere order was cancelled. I tried for hours, I finally walked into the store and did it.

I dealt with this very rude lady who knew NOTHING about the next trade-ins for upgrading, and I tried to show her what happened and she said I have no idea what that is and didn't bother to read it. I said I'm trying to explain it to you. She goes, I gotta go find the manager. She walks back and she goes okay, you want to do a trade in you're only gonna get 200 for your galaxy, and you will have to pay 488 for the price of the phone to pay it off. I said, no a next trade in. I would be paying this off early. She goes, I have no idea what you're talking about we don't do that here. I said.. yes you do. She walks off pissed off again, gets a manager. He comes and just points it out and says he's doing an early upgrade with the next program, and he shows her on the iPad. She goes ohhh... I didn't know we did that. Then she goes okay, so it'll be 218, then the tax of the phone. I pay and she was really nice the last half of the pre-order.

I get another notification that I'm cancelled, then a backorder over the phone. My brother calls to check on the order and he tells me they're telling him they cancelled it. They say the phone will be here the 19th don't worry, the system is giving me issues. Other bullcrap persists in between then, I wait online for a tracking number. Nothing happened, no tracking, no shipment confirmation, or anything. I wake up today, stating my order was cancelled AGAIN. So, I go into the AT&T line at 6am. I'm about the 25th person in line and the lady walks up and asks what I'm gonna be doing. I explain everything to her, she said it will be no problem. I get to the door, she goes what phone are you looking for? I said the plus. She goes we just sold our last one, you were so close.. So I say okay fine a 64gb 6 would be fine. I walk in, and they try to process the upgrade after a short wait.

She goes okay it'll be 288 to pay the next off. I said what? I just paid 188 for the rest of the remaining 5 months, I should be able to trade in to upgrade. She goes odd.. it's not giving me that option. There's nothing we can do. I told her nicely.. I just stood in line 4 hours and waited patiently, after my orders been cancelled.. is there anything you can do? She goes one second. She calls the manager over and he goes yeah the system isn't letting us do it. Then they see the order in the system. They said you should've called and cancelled this! I said it cancelled itself, and I tried to cancel it few days before but they told me to go into the store. They said "we don't do order cancellations in the store". So she tried to get a hold of Premiere, and I waited patiently almost another hour (went on hour 5).

She walks out about 55 minutes later, and says, "there's nothing we can do, sorry.." "Until that order ships to you and you send it back, it won't show you're upgrade eligible for the next pay to upgrade option. I've tried everything, they're not budging." So I walk out, the order says processing over the phone. I ask AT&T order support and he says the same thing about it being in the warehouse (mind you they've been telling me this over a week now and it's been stuck in preparing for shipment). I walk back to the att store to wait for my ride, and the fedex guy shows up with a ton of iPhones. I have no way to cancel my pre-order, nothing has hit my card, my delivery date is 10/13-10/31 with the 181 early termination next fee on my card still. This is truly a nightmare..

2. KenSolo

KenSolo Member
    Bronze

Damn. Sorry to hear that. ATT screwed me over to. On "Pre-Order Day" I was up at 2 in the morning trying to get my plus from Apple no luck, so I went through ATT for some stupid reason the site decided I needed two phones. I've gotten conformation for a 64g Plus and a 64g regular. My plan was to wait until 7 when they open to cancel the regular. But I got an email saying they cancelled both order. 3 hours on the phone with 4 different departments to un-cancel my Plus. Only to give up and go back to Apple. I get my Plus in 3 to 4 weeks.

3. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

Dang! I'm sorry to hear this happened to you both. As an ex at&t customer I feel your pain. They did me the same way when I pre-ordered my 5. Hope you all get it resolved and get your iPhone's soon.

4. rollinfromhell

Gold

Thank you guys. I came home and passed out, woke up 5 hours later and I woke up to this. It's definitely not the phone I wanted but a 4.7 will do for now. I really wanted that plus after seeing it today. At least something positive came out of it, and it'll be here Monday and shipped with overnight today.

Attached Files:

• DDd.png
      DDd.png
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

Congrats, good that you're getting one of the new 6 models. You never know, you might end up liking that 6. Worst case scenario you don't and you swap it for a 6+. Win, win deal. :)

6. rollinfromhell

Gold

indeed! Yeah I may end up liking it, but being the photographer I am and the battery life convenience and seeing it in person it was amazing.

Thanks man I really appreciate that. I had a very bad week with this AT&T bullcrap just like everyone else has. I'm glad it's somewhat over. I just hope they have Pluses if I were to swap within 2 weeks. They said they most likely won't be seeing them till black friday, but I doubt that.

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Except for me. ;) I love AT&T, at least for the moment. Did a walk-up, and got exactly what I wanted after hanging out for 3.5 hours before they opened -- 2 in the toasty warm truck, and the last 90 minutes on a metal chair which I brought myself, third in line on the sidewalk in about 45 degrees and rain.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

That would've been my experience if I didn't pre-order haha! Never again. My AT&T store had 25 people at 5:30 am, so I need to get there at 4:30 next year or 3am and just wait till 8. I'd get my phone no problem.