Pre-Order Information

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 12, 2007
Hi All...just wondering if any of you had heard about a possible pre-order or some kind of reservation for the iPhone? Hopefully it won't bring out the guns like PS3!

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Hi All...just wondering if any of you had heard about a possible pre-order or some kind of reservation for the iPhone? Hopefully it won't bring out the guns like PS3!
I doubt its gonna be like the PS3 because I think Apple will make just enough so everyone who wants one can get one. I will be going to my Apple store at the Mall of America probably in the morning whatever day it comes out. And its in June so it wont be freezing out.:laugh2:

Jan 12, 2007
I doubt its gonna be like the PS3 because I think Apple will make just enough so everyone who wants one can get one. I will be going to my Apple store at the Mall of America probably in the morning whatever day it comes out. And its in June so it wont be freezing out.:laugh2:
Your right. That's what Sony and Nintendo said prior to production issues that were not planned for prior to shipment... But I do believe that by having such a great pre-production unit in January prior to a six month release, shipment quota can be fullfilled and planned properly. I guess we'll see.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sorry, just got back from ordering a tent at Sports Authority. If camping is necessary, then count me in. If it released this week, I'd probably rethink that decision considering it's minus 13 with the wind chill here in NY.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Sorry, just got back from ordering a tent at Sports Authority. If camping is necessary, then count me in. If it released this week, I'd probably rethink that decision considering it's minus 13 with the wind chill here in NY.
yeah, me too. Around zero here today. I got my tent from the PS3 launch that I bought at Target all ready for June.

Limatoones

Jan 30, 2007
Philly, PA
Wow! I don't think I would camp out in front of any store for anything..lol. I don't want to get shot. :eek:

I was planning on waiting for a couple of weeks/months before I purchased the phone to see what kind of USER reviews it is getting (not these stupid, "ANALYST" reviews that are popping up from people who have never even seen the phone in person).

Anyway, I need to see what kind of plans that Cingular will release as well as what people are saying. If the plans are outrageous and the reviews are poor I'll hang on to my Motorola for a few more months (I'm a patient person).

I would REALLY love to play with one before I bought one as well.

rmort46

Jan 10, 2007
Wow! I don't think I would camp out in front of any store for anything..lol. I don't want to get shot. :eek:
I was planning on waiting for a couple of weeks/months before I purchased the phone to see what kind of USER reviews it is getting (not these stupid, "ANALYST" reviews that are popping up from people who have never even seen the phone in person).

Anyway, I need to see what kind of plans that Cingular will release as well as what people are saying. If the plans are outrageous and the reviews are poor I'll hang on to my Motorola for a few more months (I'm a patient person).

I would REALLY love to play with one before I bought one as well.

I have one big question in mind before I put down the bucks - how good is the antenna going to be in holding onto and pulling in signal? I am already a Cingular customer, currently have a Treo 650, and have been extremely impressed with its ability to draw and hold signal compared to any of the Nokias or Motorolas that I have had, whether in my inside work environment where those other phones couldn't get signal or traveling in rural areas where they lacked, as well. For me, I LOVE everything about the iPhone that I saw from Jobs and that I have read about it since. But a phone with great features that is not capable of beating the competition through its ability to draw and hold signal (straight antenna, not wifi) - well, such a phone will have difficulty getting my vote of confidence. I haven't seen comments from anyone in any of the forums, so far, (this forum or others) who seems concerned about this. Am I alone in waiting to see how it performs in this aspect before making a decision on a purchase?

mac4tutor

Feb 19, 2007
Wait & See for the first "edition"

Will be quite interesting to see the real thing in action.
I too would wait, especially if there is a chance of the price coming down some.
Also, what if the first "edition" has features lacking, then you are stuck with a device for 2 years!
With all that I've read, it seems that Apple will have time to read all the blogs about what the real consumers will expect from the iPhone and have time to implement any new features.

I have one big question in mind before I put down the bucks - how good is the antenna going to be in holding onto and pulling in signal? I am already a Cingular customer, currently have a Treo 650, and have been extremely impressed with its ability to draw and hold signal compared to any of the Nokias or Motorolas that I have had, whether in my inside work environment where those other phones couldn't get signal or traveling in rural areas where they lacked, as well. For me, I LOVE everything about the iPhone that I saw from Jobs and that I have read about it since. But a phone with great features that is not capable of beating the competition through its ability to draw and hold signal (straight antenna, not wifi) - well, such a phone will have difficulty getting my vote of confidence. I haven't seen comments from anyone in any of the forums, so far, (this forum or others) who seems concerned about this. Am I alone in waiting to see how it performs in this aspect before making a decision on a purchase?[/quote]

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
Cellular Concepts has the iPhone listed on it's web site already.

It might be available for pre-order when it gets closer to launch time.