Oct 16, 2011
You got the 6 not the 6 plus correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Well, I know have two phones ordered for the same phone number (64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6). AT&T provides no information at all aside from a worthless order number and didn't let me select Apple Care+, so I went ahead and ordered one through Apple. The Apple order, which was place second, says it will be delivered on the 19th. I'll try to cancel the AT&T one in the morning. It looks like it's just the Plus models that are in short supply.
DId you get an e-mail from Apple ? Or a page like I did they have one on hold? I am in the same boat

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
DId you get an e-mail from Apple ? Or a page like I did they have one on hold? I am in the same boat
Yeah, I got an email from Apple saying it was ordered. Later, I got an email from them saying one was on hold. I think that was from a previous order attempt. Not sure.

Reactions: imutter

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I was able to get my girlfriend's gold 6 through the Apple store app pretty quickly. but for some reason it would not let me get a space gray one for me. finally I was able to select a space gray 6, but then the app stopped communicating with att. after trying for 2 more hours, I decided just to order mine directly through AT&T, which seemed to work just fine. att said it'll ship "on or around" the 19th. no biggie, I can wait til Monday if necessary.

at some point during all this, Apple told me they had reserved a phone for me since they could not communicate with att, but I didn't want to trust it because it didn't say what model specifically and didn't guarantee any delivery.

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Ok just got this email??? I hope this doesn't change the ship date???

Dear Apple Customer,

Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: *****************

We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status.

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
finally the website went on , order 2 iphone 6 64 gig gold pick up in store on the 19th ..... cvouldn't get the + for pick up ...... but i am happy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just went and ordered it again. This time it went through too with delivery on the 19th, Thanks
What an ordeal I never had issues before
I'm assuming you didn't pre-order an iPhone 4. That was even worse!

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Apple must have did a major reboot of their servers as of now it's asking for my iMessage and icloud password on all my devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well I never got confirmation on my order from ATT, and the order could not be found on their site. I also did not see any holds on my cc from them. So I just went to the apple website and ordered a space gray 6, and it worked smoothly for me. If the att order goes through I'll just cancel it.

also got a black leather case. normally I just go for a cheap bumper, but I feel like splurging. I'm hoping the leather will feel nice to hold.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I did . I must not remember I guess? Well then. That is good news I will be ordering next year again, with all hopes on "Get up-order-go to bed!"
It took several hours to get iPhone 4 preorders to go through. It took me six hours of non-stop trying and some people spent a lot longer than that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
well I never got confirmation on my order from ATT, and the order could not be found on their site. I also did not see any holds on my cc from them. So I just went to the apple website and ordered a space gray 6, and it worked smoothly for me. If the att order goes through I'll just cancel it.
AT&T's order status and tracking sucks in comparison to Apple's. I didn't want to go through them, but I got desperate and buckled. I ordered through Apple afterwards. I'll cancel my AT&T order when they start taking calls at 7:00 MST. Apple will start taking calls in just over an hour, so I'm going to verify my order with them first.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

also got a black leather case. normally I just go for a cheap bumper, but I feel like splurging. I'm hoping the leather will feel nice to hold.
I doubt it will go through because as soon you order at Apple goes through the phone the line is upgraded on AT&T. I got already a new contract end date

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Space gray and silver 128GB + are now 3-4 week shipping.

Managed to get my silver 128+ with 7-10 day shipping with a delivery date of ???. Heh

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Damn. Just got an email from AT&T showing that my order went through and will arrive on the 19th. Now I don't know which one to cancel. AT&T wouldn't let me order AppleCare+.