Pre-order Pajama Party

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Well I got one phone out of four ordered through apple and that's the 6. The other 3 are for the 6 plus which is delayed 7-10 days or 3-4 weeks depending on which one. I have all 4 ordered with AT&T but who knows what the delivery is on them cause AT&T don't tell you squat. I'll cancel the 6 from AT&T if I get lucky and get a good delivery date I'll keep those otherwise it camp out time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
well I never got confirmation on my order from ATT, and the order could not be found on their site. I also did not see any holds on my cc from them. So I just went to the apple website and ordered a space gray 6, and it worked smoothly for me. If the att order goes through I'll just cancel it.

also got a black leather case. normally I just go for a cheap bumper, but I feel like splurging. I'm hoping the leather will feel nice to hold.
The leather feels awesome. I've been using a black leather case for my 5s and love it. I just ordered a black iPhone 6 case since it goes so well with Space Grey.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well I got one phone out of four ordered through apple and that's the 6. The other 3 are for the 6 plus which is delayed 7-10 days or 3-4 weeks depending on which one. I have all 4 ordered with AT&T but who knows what the delivery is on them cause AT&T don't tell you squat. I'll cancel the 6 from AT&T if I get lucky and get a good delivery date I'll keep those otherwise it camp out time.
I just got an email from AT&T. Give it a little more time.

Lstrike

Jun 17, 2010
I finally got mine 40 minutes, (3:40 EST), after Apple opened using the Apple Store App. Got the 6+, Space Gray, 128GB. I really don't understand why the arrival date says "Arriving October 1st-October 6th." I've always gotten my phone on the launch date in the past, so I just don't get this. Do you guys think that'll be when we get them, or will we likely get it on the 19th? Cheers!!
Same here with the 6+ on Oct 1 to 6. Got 2 one for the wife in silver and one in gray for me. Having said that in my experience I have had friends who preordered after I did and showed delayed times and still received the phones the day they came out. Not to say it will happen the same way this time but historically that has been the case. Personally I can't fathom that the store just came up 20 to 25 minutes ago for folks who needed to order unlocked for TMob and already slipped in shipping. I mean I got one 64 and one 128. Are there really enough people up at the but crack of dawn buying unlocked $950 phones that they ran out of the first allotment that quick? Was there that small a supply of unlocked devices? I doubt it but then again it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong and certainly won't be the last.

Long story short I take the Oct 1 to 6 day worth a grain of salt and remain hopefully optimistic that like just about every botched iPhone pre-order fiasco history repeats itself with broken shopping BUT fast then expected delivery on the "slipped dates". I put it in quotes because MAYBE Apple does that for headlines. Outlets will report all week about how the dates are slipping, people on the fence about ordering will think twice popping orders in they may have waited on because they don't want to be left without the latest greatest for "weeks".

Ok tin foil hat off... :) I'm probably delirious from pressing the fraggin f5 button since 2:30am eastern...ok 15 minutes of sleep then work...ughhhh

Reactions: jaydoc1

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Damn. Just got an email from AT&T showing that my order went through and will arrive on the 19th. Now I don't know which one to cancel. AT&T wouldn't let me order AppleCare+.
I want my email! But I don't give much hope for the 19th as I want the 6+ and there seems to be a big demand for them.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Damn. Just got an email from AT&T showing that my order went through and will arrive on the 19th. Now I don't know which one to cancel. AT&T wouldn't let me order AppleCare+.
hell, I'll just let them fight it out. whichever comes first wins. worst case I can just return one if both show up for some reason.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
man I forgot to add it . I guess I try afterwards in a few days.
I hope Apple delivers like always before 10.30am I am leaving at noon for NYC. I wonder if I have to hold my hubbies phone it comes AT&T

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
looks like either the Plus is in higher demand, or there was less supply. a lot of its models are at 3-4 week delivery while the Minus is still on the 19th.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I just got an email from AT&T. Give it a little more time.
If I had patients I would had worried about preorder I just get one when they came up with enough supply.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I ordered from Apple( took 40 min for App store on my 5S to come up)
I want 6+ gold 64 and AppleCare, AppleCare wouldn't work. So I checked out without it and still had my Sept 19 delivery date

I am just going to call Apple to see if I can add it

AppleCare+ just kept the order spinning and I didn't want lose Sept 19 delivery date. It also refused an in-store pickup

AT&T went I went to order said 14-21 days so I waited for Apple to work. So bizarre the only AT&T 6+ available were 128gb for Sept 19

colttodd18

Feb 13, 2009
I wanted the plus 64gb space grey but after reading that this color was in high demand I ordered the 64gb silver thinking there might be more available. Had both the apple and the AT&T sites pulled up at 2:55 am. Got the order to go through the AT&T site at 3:15. Just got my email stating it would not ship for 24-26 business days. Now I'm sad. Thought for sure I would have one on launch day.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Well, I now have two phones ordered for the same phone number (64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6). AT&T provides no information at all aside from a worthless order number and didn't let me select Apple Care+, so I went ahead and ordered one through Apple. The Apple order, which was place second, says it will be delivered on the 19th. I'll try to cancel the AT&T one in the morning. It looks like it's just the Plus models that are in short supply.
I did exactly the same thing, except the apple store didn't have the Plus I wanted. I hope they don't cancel both. The charge for the apple store order went through but the AT&T order still has the $1 hold. If I get an order confirmation for the Plus from AT&T, I will cancel the Apple order.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
It took me almost an hour (started at 4:00am eastern time). I went through the Apple store app. My first attempt landed me an "We are unable to confirm your eligibility with your carrier, we've reserved an iPhone for you and will email you when you can continue.) I decided to try a few more times (Ok, a few dozen times) and actually got through. I ordered my 6 Plus in Space Gray with 128GB. I finally have a confirmation and my phone will arrive in what looks like the second batch (October 1 to 6). Funny thing is about 20 minutes after getting my order placed and my confirmation email, I received my "Your iPhone has been reserved" email.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Done. Well if that wasn't the easiest pre-order ever... Woke up at 6am CST, opened Apple Store app. A few taps later and I'm done.

iPhone 6 64gb in black for me, iPhone 6 16gb in white for the wife. Both still available for the 19th!!!

:)

Reactions: talon90

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I wanted the plus 64gb space grey but after reading that this color was in high demand I ordered the 64gb silver thinking there might be more available. Had both the apple and the AT&T sites pulled up at 2:55 am. Got the order to go through the AT&T site at 3:15. Just got my email stating it would not ship for 24-26 business days. Now I'm sad. Thought for sure I would have one on launch day.
24-26 business days. Now you got me hoping I get it in time to open up on Christmas morning.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I did exactly the same thing, except the apple store didn't have the Plus I wanted. I hope they don't cancel both. The charge for the apple store order went through but the AT&T order still has the $1 hold. If I get an order confirmation for the Plus from AT&T, I will cancel the Apple order.
And I just got the AT&T email saying 21-28 days. Gonna cancel that one as soon as I can confirm my Apple order.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Just got my confirmation email from Verizon! Still don't see any charges on my credit card though, do they charge the full amount when it ships?

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Wow, it looks like the + was popular... I would have expected the opposite.