Pre-order Pajama Party

rattlhed

Bronze
Feb 16, 2009
Bellevue, WA
www.rtaphotography.com
Definitely not used to staying up this late on a work night. At least it's Friday tomorrow so one day to suffer before the weekend. West coast time here so midnight isn't horrible. Just a couple hours to go. Still trying to make final decision but pretty sure 6+. I just hope they don't sell out before I get mine!!

rattlhed

Bronze
Feb 16, 2009
Bellevue, WA
www.rtaphotography.com
So honestly how many people do you think are staying up right now like we all are waiting to pre order? Over 1 million? 4 or 5? Isn't that just crazy to think about! Talk about a fan base!!

I stood in line 8 hours for the iPad 2 the day it came out but since then I haven't done a 'day of release' event since then. This is kinda fun (yawn!)

Sent using iCafe app

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I stood in line 8 hours for the iPad 2 the day it came out but since then I haven't done a 'day of release' event since then. This is kinda fun (yawn!)
I dropped my teenage sons at Walmart and let them sit there for 5 hours to get mine. ;)

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Pre-orders usually sell out within an hour or two, if I remember correctly. I ordered my 5s as early as I could but they weren't available for pre-order so I ordered on launch day.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Pre-orders usually sell out within an hour or two, if I remember correctly. I ordered my 5s as early as I could but they weren't available for pre-order so I ordered on launch day.
So we could be staying up for nothing...:confused:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The reason I recommended the app is because historically it has been the fastest way to get your order in. Of course, this year the app and the website could both take the same amount of time. It's impossible to say if there will be any lag or server time-out errors right now, but the live Keynote didn't go so well due to an insane amount of interest, so it's a possibility they could experience some problems.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
So we could be staying up for nothing...:confused:
Possibly, but even if you miss the 19th you will for sure get it quicker than someone that orders at 8 am.

For the 4 I had issues with the site and got pushed back a few days by the morning orders were being pushed back by weeks.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Possibly, but even if you miss the 19th you will for sure get it quicker than someone that orders at 8 am.

For the 4 I had issues with the site and got pushed back a few days by the morning orders were being pushed back by weeks.
The only iPhone I had a problem preordering was the 4. I tried for six hours, went to see The A-Team and late lunch with my niece and brother, then ordered it later that afternoon. I still got it on launch day, but my brother ordered just after me and his was delayed a couple of weeks.

I'd like to thank Mindi and her prodigious memory for remembering what movie I saw that day. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Europa

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Since my upgrade with Verizon is not until January (they said) and since I see no refreshments at this pajama party, I'm going to bed. Good luck, y'all!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Just realized I've been visiting this site for iPhone launches, updates and discussions for 6 years and 7 months, sold four iPhones in the marketplace and have never gone anywhere else.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Great! My local ISP just went TU. I hope the App Store app works good on 4G.