Pre-order Pajama Party

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I don't want to do that, I may get an even later date.
Depending on what you want but apple does have some 6's available. Heck I might be willing to do a trade depending on what you ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, a lot of 6 models still have delivery on 9/19 available. Worst case 7-10 days, which will still probably be faster than waiting for a Plus. But I wouldn't wait much longer, if you're going to switch, do it now.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Was able to order a 6 for my wife but I wanted a 6+ and it was pushed back 7-10 days and now even longer so I'll be camping out at the apple site in Pasadena ca

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It's all I could afford, so yeah really: unfortunately :p.
Nice! 16 gb is manageable if you don't load it with too much music and apps. Use Box and Dropbox for photos, videos and gifs, then delete them from your camera roll. I used the 8 gb iPhone 4 for almost 2 years. Managing storage can be challenging, but not impossible. Enjoy your new iPhone. :)

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
yeah, a lot of 6 models still have delivery on 9/19 available. Worst case 7-10 days, which will still probably be faster than waiting for a Plus. But I wouldn't wait much longer, if you're going to switch, do it now.
Yeah AT&T said since my order was placed at 12:08am for the plus and got cancelled by error: they told me to call premiere order support and they will switch it for me and try to bring it back to it's place. And it's already noted in my account. Just I called "we're experiencing technical difficulties".

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Yeah AT&T said since my order was placed at 12:08am for the plus and got cancelled by error: they told me to call premiere order support and they will switch it for me and try to bring it back to it's place. And it's already noted in my account. Just I called "we're experiencing technical difficulties".
I spoke to a rep for my Premiere account yesterday when my one order was cancelled and he ended up canceling my other order as well and said he fixed everything because my account was showing ineligible for an upgrade and now it is eligible. I kept asking him how was I ineligible for an upgrade when I wasn't on contract for any of my lines and he kept repeating he fixed everything and that I had to place the orders again. I don't think he really understood any of my questions or he was just ignoring me. When I got off the phone with him I placed 2 more orders with Apple and now have a delivery date of Oct 1- 6th. Great customer service from AT&T and a valuable lesson to stay away from them on iPhone ordering.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, happens every year. apple's site gets hit harder, but they have way more available stock and much better infrastructure and support.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple provides immediate details about the orders and has better tracking as well. You get nothing from AT&T for hours. I always, always go through Apple for preorders. I just got desperate and panicked after an hour and a half on non-stop trying on the App Store app and saw reports of people not getting launch-day delivery, so I went to AT&T.com and ordered one. Then I kept trying on Apple and finally got my order in and cancelled the AT&T order. AT&T didn't give me an option for AppleCare+ when I ordered through them either, which I thought was lame.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
same here. but the Apple Store app didn't prompt me to select AppleCare or accessories either on my GF's order. The website did on my order later.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
same here. but the Apple Store app didn't prompt me to select AppleCare or accessories either on my GF's order. The website did on my order later.
Even if it doesn't prompt you, you can still search for it and add it on Apple. It was just no where to be found on AT&T.com

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah I know, but it's a pretty big mistake in the retail realm. That's where most money is made - on accessories and attachments - and failing to ask will lose easy sales.