Pre-Order Time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KenSolo

Bronze
Oct 9, 2011
Just a question, what time will preordering start? I'm on central time and I really don't remember last years.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Another midnight Pacific time pre-order start? Gah. Going to set my alarm for 2:50 am here on the East coast just like last year's pre-order day for the 4S. Hope Apple's systems are actually ready to handle the traffic this year and I don't have to stay up until 5am to actually get my order to go through.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Another midnight Pacific time pre-order start? Gah. Going to set my alarm for 2:50 am here on the East coast just like last year's pre-order day for the 4S. Hope Apple's systems are actually ready to handle the traffic this year and I don't have to stay up until 5am to actually get my order to go through.
I'm debating whether to order from AT&T or not. Do you think they will be less congested?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Bennyboy Last year the Apple site was clogged and it just wouldn't go through. I panicked and went to AT&T. That was a breeze! Simple and fast as could be. This year I'm adding a line and only buying one iPhone, but I will try to get it through on the Apple site. I don't want to bother with AT&T if I don't have to this year. The AT&T site might be a breeze this year too. I'd try to get through on the Apple site first though.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Bennyboy Last year the Apple site was clogged and it just wouldn't go through. I panicked and went to AT&T. That was a breeze! Simple and fast as could be. This year I'm adding a line and only buying one iPhone, but I will try to get it through on the Apple site. I don't want to bother with AT&T if I don't have to this year. The AT&T site might be a breeze this year too. I'd try to get through on the Apple site first though.
I would go through the Apple site if possible. They offer free shipping. Not sure if AT&T does or not, but why pay if you don't have to. Ha.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Bennyboy LOL! I had a bad billing experience with them. They sent me the phones but charged me for what seemed like two months later. I think the charge etiher finally hit my account in December or January. I can't recall, but that sucked!

The other issue is the crap I got from an Apple Genius because I purchased the iPhone from AT&T. I needed a swap out but because I purchased the iPhone from AT&T they said I had to return it to them and buy it back from Apple in order to get satisfaction for my problem. That was messed up, being penalized because I bought my iPhone from AT&T. The Genius and the manager of the Apple Store wouldn't help me. So I decided not to buy from AT&T again and not to return to that Apple Store again either.

That's just my experience. Maybe this year AT&T's billing will be better. That can be a big problem. The swapping the phone thing, I'm not worried about this time. I'll raise a stink if I have to buy the iPhone from AT&T and have a problem and need it swapped.

ds2983

Oct 30, 2008
Anyone know if we'll be able to upgrade to the ip5 from the app store app on iPhone? Currently no Internet connectivity at home so this would help.

Thanks!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Bennyboy LOL! I had a bad billing experience with them. They sent me the phones but charged me for what seemed like two months later. I think the charge etiher finally hit my account in December or January. I can't recall, but that sucked!

The other issue is the crap I got from an Apple Genius because I purchased the iPhone from AT&T. I needed a swap out but because I purchased the iPhone from AT&T they said I had to return it to them and buy it back from Apple in order to get satisfaction for my problem. That was messed up, being penalized because I bought my iPhone from AT&T. The Genius and the manager of the Apple Store wouldn't help me. So I decided not to buy from AT&T again and not to return to that Apple Store again either.

That's just my experience. Maybe this year AT&T's billing will be better. That can be a big problem. The swapping the phone thing, I'm not worried about this time. I'll raise a stink if I have to buy the iPhone from AT&T and have a problem and need it swapped.
that's strange, I bought the 4s from AT&T and they swapped it twice with no issues. Once I returned the swapped and kept the AT&T one because the one that Apple sent me screen was yellow, and the one from a month ago I was in and out of the Apple store in 10 minutes with a new phone. Remember, whenever a genius doesn't help call Apple and they will, unless the issue is not bad enough to get a swap.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
that's strange, I bought the 4s from AT&T and they swapped it twice with no issues. Once I returned the swapped and kept the AT&T one because the one that Apple sent me screen was yellow, and the one from a month ago I was in and out of the Apple store in 10 minutes with a new phone. Remember, whenever a genius doesn't help call Apple and they will, unless the issue is not bad enough to get a swap.
Me too. Always bought through AT&T. Never had a problem at the genius desk.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Bennyboy Santa I know there shouldn't have been a problem when I wanted a swap, but these guys gave me one. The Apple store in this mall is staffed by some questionable people. I live in Jersey, don't own a car, :eek: Shocking I know. So if I want really good Apple Service, I have to take a trip in to NY to the flagship store on 5th Ave. They've been good in the past. All Apple Geniuses aren't created equal.

My lesson learned, just go to the Flagship Apple store in the city on 5th Ave if I have a problem.