Pre order tomorrow ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sharunda you just made my day with that post :). Thank you
Tattooed Alex I really hope this rings true. I planned to take off tomorrow but if i can come in I will and take off Friday instead.

See there is no way to know for sure. So many rumors. It's so hard. If only Apple would say,

"On the 12th we are doing a keynote showcasing our latest products including the much awaited iPhone. On September 14th we are doing preorders for the iPhone. Stay tunned."

Secrets and mystery are not always good. (n) Being direct is respectful to people who don't have time to juggle and play around with.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I'm hoping for a Friday preorder date. I'm currently awaiting my $$$ from Gazelle from my 4S and I can't preorder until I have that money!
Hinezy I was going to ask you about your Gazelle money. I sent my iPhone 4 to them on Friday and they should have it today, it's in Texas at their sort facility. I read on their site where checks are distributed a week after they receive your item. Paypal and Amazon gift cards are given out almost instantly. I opted for a check so I have a week + wait on my hands.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm guessing pre-orders will start several days after the announcement. The 3GS was available for pre-order immediately following the Keynote, but the 4 and 4S couldn't be pre-ordered for about a week.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
Hinezy I was going to ask you about your Gazelle money. I sent my iPhone 4 to them on Friday and they should have it today, it's in Texas at their sort facility. I read on their site where checks are distributed a week after they receive your item. Paypal and Amazon gift cards are given out almost instantly. I opted for a check so I have a week + wait on my hands.
On Friday I got an email stating "your box has reached Gazelle" and yesterday another that said "We've opened your box". I've opted for the PayPal option hoping it'd be the fasted. I was reluctant at first until I saw PayPal has a direct deposit feature to put your $ in your bank account.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
{{{{{ Europa }}}}} Welcome back! I guess you've been lurking! Nice to see you post!

The latest and long lasting rumor of the preorders after the keynote were all we knew. Many of us really pissed off about it. I was glad to come across something saying something different, but you never know. Preordering would be better placed on Friday for everyone.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
On Friday I got an email stating "your box has reached Gazelle" and yesterday another that said "We've opened your box". I've opted for the PayPal option hoping it'd be the fasted. I was reluctant at first until I saw PayPal has a direct deposit feature to put your $ in your bank account.
Hinezy This is good news. I like their style. I will look out for emals like that also. Great! I didn't know Paypal had a direct deposit. The last I remember it would take 4 days for a deposit from your PayPal account into your bank account. I'm glad they changed that.

UPDATE: Hinezy
I just got an email from Gazelle a minue ago (2:41pm). They have my box. Cool! They have to inspect the contense and then get back to me. Then the wait begins.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
{{{{{ Europa }}}}} Welcome back! I guess you've been lurking! Nice to see you post!

The latest and long lasting rumor of the preorders after the keynote were all we knew. Many of us really pissed off about it. I was glad to come across something saying something different, but you never know. Preordering would be better placed on Friday for everyone.
Thanks. Nice to see you too! I think a scheduled pre-order time several days after the announcement, late at night, is the most fair. It also gives Apple time to get their website updated and last minute server preparation done.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i hope we can pre0order after the announcement tomorrow.....if not Friday is OK too

either way I am pre-ordering my beauty :)

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
Hinezy This is good news. I like their style. I will look out for emals like that also. Great! I didn't know Paypal had a direct deposit. The last I remember it would take 4 days for a deposit from your PayPal account into your bank account. I'm glad they changed that.

UPDATE: Hinezy
I just got an email from Gazelle a minue ago (2:41pm). They have my box. Cool! They have to inspect the contense and then get back to me. Then the wait begins.
I think you're right about the 4 days, I just checked. Someone told me it was immediate. I'm hoping they only state 4 days as a worse case scenario and it's actually much faster.
On another note, am I correct in remembering that when preordering the iPhone, Apple checks your account or credit card to verify the money is there but doesn't actually charge you until it ships?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I think you're right about the 4 days, I just checked. Someone told me it was immediate. I'm hoping they only state 4 days as a worse case scenario and it's actually much faster.
On another note, am I correct in remembering that when preordering the iPhone, Apple checks your account or credit card to verify the money is there but doesn't actually charge you until it ships?
I use a debt card. They put a hold on the funds and then they fall off after three days and then they officially charge me when the item ships. My experience is that if the $ is not in the account, they don't charge you and send out the item.

When I ordered my iPad and accessories my charge was $1,075. There was a hold on my account for that amount and then it fell off in three days. As the items became available they charged me one by one and sent them out. Apple TV was the last thing to go and I was $.0.93 short so the charge didn't go through. I had to put the $0.93 in and they charged me and sent it out. They sent me a nice little email telling me the charge didn't go through.

As far as a credit card. I don't know if it works the same. I think there is an authorization they get from the CC company that the funds are available. I'm not sure if they charge you the full amount or a dollar or what.