Pre-ordered on 9/12 still didn't get it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
Anyone else preordered at midnight on 9/12 and didn't get the phone? I'm so not happy I want my phone. Went through AT&T still says preparing to ship with a date of 10/2-10/13 I was so hoping Apple or AT&T would figure it out yet they didn't

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
That's one of the reasons I went out yesterday and got in line to get one. I didn't want to risk not having a launch day iPhone. Hopefully yours will ship soon and you get it a little earlier.

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
I so should have camped out and all that but I wanted to try pre order for the first time I camped out inline for iphone 1, 3GS and 5s Gold I'm so not impressed with this process all I have is a confirmation email yes we have your Oder we will email you when it's shipped this sucks

Aug 1, 2007
I ordered late cause my midnight order got cancelled. I called and yelled because I went to the store and they couldn't cancel my order that was stuck in preparing to ship and couldn't get my phone after standing in line hours. When I yelled I had threatened to call corporate on the company themselves, and it all the sudden changed and went out. Probably a coincidence, but I now have a delivery date of monday. AND it just pisses me off because it is FAR from fair to those who ordered early and actually were up at midnight to get the phone only to be screwed over. Specially to those who ordered the 13th and 14th who've already received their phones. It really is a mess and I will never be preordering again after this and just waiting in line.

Needless to say if this helps: My order email to confirm shipping went out a minute before fedex updated it being picked up. So I think they are pretty immediate and less bogged down after the initial rush got delivered. I HOPE you get your phone this next week, and good luck to you! It really has been hell waiting for this and to those who've had trouble with the site.

Anyone else preordered at midnight on 9/12 and didn't get the phone? I'm so not happy I want my phone. Went through AT&T still says preparing to ship with a date of 10/2-10/13 I was so hoping Apple or AT&T would figure it out yet they didn't
I tend to stick with Apple for pre ordering. I wound up not placing my order until around 4pm eastern time on the 12 with Apple and I got my phone yesterday. After years of following the pre-ordering sagas and dealing with both sprint and ATT I haven't had one issue since sticking with Apple. Sorry you didn't get yours though

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
Yes if I ever pre order again it will be through apple I had my iphone my MacBook and a friends android all open at the same time trying to get into apple and at&it and I still didn't get through until 12:30am only to get this messed up shipping time

iPhoneFan10

Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
For the most part, I've always ordered my iPhones with the Apple app on the very first day of ordering. I've always received my orders on launch day. I've had every iPhone since the very first (save the 5C which is the same as the 5 I had, but in different clothing). I've only purchased two iPhones from the AT&T store over the years (3GS and 5S) and I had zero problems doing so.

It's been a good experience thus far.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you order iPhone 6 Plus?

mturnerua

Feb 16, 2009
Alabama
Same here. Ordered the plus as soon as the att site would let me in about 2:10am CT. Status shows "preorder processing" with a 10/2-10/13 ship date. Not happy with att and will be using Apple to order in the future.

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Most people who ordered that size have to wait. Your date range is actually pretty good. They might ship it a little sooner that.
I had the range of 10/1 to 10/6 and I just got my tracking number for 9/23 delivery date. I hope that is some good news. I ordered a 128gb 6+.

Sent using iPhone 5

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I pre-ordered on the 12th, after work around 3:30 pm, at the AT&T store. They told me I would be able to pick it up on the 19th. I got off work early yesterday to get it. They told me UPS came earlier and just delivered accessories. No pre-ordered phones. They did, however, have iPhones for walk-ins. I said, why don't you just cancel my order and then sell me one of the iPhone 6s already here? The guy looked at me as if I were a genius and said, OK! That whole process of canceling and buying an iPhone 6 took an hour and a half. I was the only customer in the store. I did get the one I wanted, though. Finally.

Apple2112

Sep 20, 2014
Same here. I had the AT&T site queued up about 1:50 am CDT. The site showed a count down clock. As soon as the log in screen appeared i blazed through the upgrade process; 64gb, 6+,space gray. I received the confirmation email at 2:01 am CDT. That's right, preorder started at 2:01 am CDT and I was done in under 1 minute. I have never missed getting a preordered iphone from AT&T on launch day. That is until now. Here it is 9/20 and my order shows "preparing to ship" with an estimated delivery time of 10/2-10/13. Very disappointed in AT&T.

Last edited:

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
Same here. I had the AT&T site queued up about 1:50 am CDT. The site showed a count down clock. As soon as the log in screen appeared i blazed through the upgrade process; 64gb, 6+,space gray. I received the confirmation email at 2:01 am CDT. That's right, preorder started at 2:01 am CDT and I was done in under 1 minute. I have never missed getting a preordered iphone from AT&T since the original. That is until now. Here it is 9/20 and my order shows "preparing to ship" with an estimated delivery time of 10/2-10/13. Very disappointed in AT&T.
When does anyone think we will see a tracking number of we are 10/2-10/13

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Yes if I ever pre order again it will be through apple I had my iphone my MacBook and a friends android all open at the same time trying to get into apple and at&it and I still didn't get through until 12:30am only to get this messed up shipping time
I did mine at 11am and it went right through. My 6 washer by noon yesterday.