Pre-ordering 3GS from AT&T online

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I pre-ordered the 3GS from AT&T online and Ive been hearing that only Apple orders online will be shipping to your door on the 19th and the orders from AT&T, you have to pick them up. Is this true or is that only if you pre-ordered it IN STORE or is it every order through AT&T even the online pre-order? Sorry if this was already asked/posted but I needed a quick answer because I wouldn't be able to pick up my phone at 7 or 8 in the morning of the 19th. thanks

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
That is not true, I ordered from AT&T and it is being delivered...even though I wanted to pick it up. It depends on what your order said when you placed it. There was no charge for shipping.

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks for the reply...I was just getting worried because I didn't get the confirmation email and I ordered on June 11th which was before they sold out so I should be getting it delivered to my house on the 19th, right? even without the confirmation email?

couch

Jun 9, 2008
I never got my confirmation email either but att on the phone swears ill be getting mine.... Lets pray cause im using this pos to go phone. I miss my phone so much /tear lol

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Thanks for the reply...I was just getting worried because I didn't get the confirmation email and I ordered on June 11th which was before they sold out so I should be getting it delivered to my house on the 19th, right? even without the confirmation email?
I also ordered on the 11th, but I did get a confirmation e-mail. I did not get a "shipping" e-mail though.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I pre-ordered as well (online 6/12), and my order status is still saying the same old message that it will be processed "shortly". One e-mail was sent to me immediately after with my order ID number. No e-mails since, and no update to the order status. No idea what is or isn't being processed.

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
yes i got the initial email saying i bought the phone but the shipping email I have not gotten. I also just got off the phone with AT&T and said that it'll be coming to my house either the 19th or the 24th...Why would it come the 24th when I ordered it before they were sold out..The person told me that it could be up to 10 days from your purchase date until you get your shipment...Lets hope that doesn't happened and that I am a happy costumer come the 19th!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I think I said this in another thread - I believe they will be shipping them ALL out tomorrow with overnight shipping.

Shak02

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Well, trnsilver, I hope your right and AT&T will hopefully not let thousands of people disappointed once again along with their shotty pricing decisions

TMass518

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
I talked to an online rep about buying a second iPhone and asked if I bought tonight when owuld I get it. He then immediately replied with what was obviously a pretyped response that said:

Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19th, 2009 if submitted by noon CT on June 17th, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T businesss processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately if inventory is already available. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Believe it or not!

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I think I said this in another thread - I believe they will be shipping them ALL out tomorrow with overnight shipping.
I sure hope so! Status page remains the same as what I said a few hours ago. No change, update, nothing, but whatever. Will be cool if it really does come by the 19th. I did pre-order before the sell-out, but who knows!