Pre paid for iPhone

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Att doesn't do it. Its probably possible if you unlock it. But then you won't get edge and will have to rely on wifi spots for your Internet which to me kills the iPhone Internet

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Pay as you go, Is this possible? I searched on google and no sites really confirm it.

Just curious - why would you want to pay as you go? Wouldn't that cost more than the plan itself if it were an option? I mean for 20 bucks a month you get unlimited data + 200 text...

I guess I never understood why anyone would pay as they go if they use the phone on a regular basis. That is just my opinion...

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Well because I can't afford a plan at the moment. I just wanted some minutes for emergency calls and such but it doesn't matter now.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Pay as you go, Is this possible? I searched on google and no sites really confirm it.
Yes, you can do pay as you go. Because its an iPhone, the cheapest PAYG plan will cost you $70-75 per month.

I just helped a co-worker activate his iPhone and like myself, he didn't want to be locked into a 2-yr contract with AT&T.

Hook your iPhone up to itunes- activate- one of the screens (as you move forward) has plan options- The one you want to choose is called "Pick Your Plan."

Buy an iPhone. Now go to Radio Shack and get the cheapest GoPhone they have, it's about $20. Go home and activate the GoPhone via the instructions that come with that phone. Now unpack the iPhone and get ZiPhone and jailbreak and activate the iPhone. Now place the sim from the GoPhone into the iPhone and you have yourself an ultra cool iPhone Gophone. You can refill with cash when you can, refills can be $15, $25 and there are more amounts too. If your time runs out, you have a set amount of time which can be a month or two before the account will be cancelled for no funds. Just keep edge turned off on the iPhone, if you accidentally forget and use Safari, loading one page can cost several dollars.

Hope this helps!