Pre-switch To-Do list?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Trying to make sure I have everything covered before my 4S gets here... Am I missing anything?

- Update iTunes software to latest version
- Update to IOS5 on Wednesday
- Full sync and backup, downloading purchases made on phone
- Buy new phone protection (optional)
- Make sure I've got iCloud up and running

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Thanks for the thread. I figured it was easy, but obviously didn't want to screw anything up. Right now, hopefully an option, I am not planning on using icloud.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Great advice. Done syncing and backing up. Now updating to 5.
So glad it's out. Needed a little somethin' to tide me over to Friday! :)

Aug 1, 2007
Great advice. Done syncing and backing up. Now updating to 5.
So glad it's out. Needed a little somethin' to tide me over to Friday! :)
Synced all my stuff..
Music is already in iTunes.
Updated iTunes and Safari
Wait for iPhone, then use as new phone xD

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Am I correct in assuming that after I update my iTunes and Safari (done successfully last night), then do a final sync on my 3G (this evening) that when I plug in my 4S (tomorrow) it will sync with everything like my 3G? I really need my contacts, as I use them for work and personal and have hundreds and hundreds that I have put in over the last several years.

Oh yes, I just sold my white 16GB 3G to a coworker for $75. I should keep my SIM card when I give it to them right? I'm hoping that some of my contacts are on my SIM card like back in the early 3g service days.

Bluewing

Bronze
Apr 13, 2010
Florida
Am I correct in assuming that after I update my iTunes and Safari (done successfully last night), then do a final sync on my 3G (this evening) that when I plug in my 4S (tomorrow) it will sync with everything like my 3G? I really need my contacts, as I use them for work and personal and have hundreds and hundreds that I have put in over the last several years.

Oh yes, I just sold my white 16GB 3G to a coworker for $75. I should keep my SIM card when I give it to them right? I'm hoping that some of my contacts are on my SIM card like back in the early 3g service days.
Like what VOLS34 said, The iPhone 4S (and the 4) use micro sims. so your old sim would not work with it. Did you not back up your contacts with gmail, or any other program?

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Like what VOLS34 said, The iPhone 4S (and the 4) use micro sims. so your old sim would not work with it. Did you not back up your contacts with gmail, or any other program?
I missed the part about micro sims. And, not yet on the backup part. I'm kinda like an old newb. I only know just enough to do what I need to do. :) I don't even have a gmail mail account. I guess I could go research it and sign up for one just to backup my contacts.