Predicted tablet - iSlate?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
While I agree iPad would work well, I think they have been going after that in the legal department just because of its similarity to the name iPod.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That's exactly what I would do if I get one. I can't imagine it doesn't have Bluetooth compatibility or at lease 1 USB!
We shall see in a few days. I can't imagine it not coming with a USB port. At this point I don't know if u should be excited or upset. I'm just going to hold out and see what Apple say on the day.

:)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I really don't think its going to be coming with a USB port because have you seen how thin that thing is?
I think it'l come with some sort of USB connection, most devices these days have some form or universal connection. You don't want to walk round with the new tablet and about 4-5 different cables. I know Apple like their own gear, I just can't see them not incorporating some form of USB connection. It would be stupid if they didn't.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Im reading now that this thing may possibly going to Verizon? Why is it going to verizon I don't understand is this a phone aswell?
I've read that both verizon and att will have the tablet. I've also heard that there will be a compulsory data plan, as well. God I hope not! Of course, you all remember all the rumors during the pre-release of all the iPhones! More than half of them were false.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
A required data plan would definitely take me out of the picture, but you are right about rumors. I'm just going to kick back until Wed. and see what shakes out. Wish I was off that day. Would call in, but called in last Wed. because I actually was sick.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
SO can we watch this online or what? I don't work that day either and was planning on hitting the Apple store anyways. Maybe I will wait and see when this starts and if I can watch it before heading out

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
SO can we watch this online or what? I don't work that day either and was planning on hitting the Apple store anyways. Maybe I will wait and see when this starts and if I can watch it before heading out
Yeah I am wondering the same thing do they post this sort of stuff online or do you have to just be there to see it? How can I either read or see whats going on? I asked this once before but never got an answer so hopefully someone can answers our questions.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
There is usually several sites streaming pictures and commentary. And usually Chris does something special on here.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Maybe you won't be required to have a data plan if you have a smartphone date plan already. I can dream can't I?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I can tell you the chatroom will be hopping that day...

Aaaaand now that I've said that, I'll surely get booked for a session during the presentation.