Predicted tablet - iSlate?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, 10am pacific is correct. Several sites are starting coverage at 9 am pacific. Thanks to being laid off I will be home on Wednesday.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Which sites do you recommend?

There were a few last time which were good, when the 3GS was released.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I used Engadget last time, they really payed a lot of attention to their live blog. I did have a few pages open last time, so you don't really miss anything.

I'm surprised Apple don't stream live to their own site, I know they do a few hours later, it's just a shame they don't do it straight away.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Gizmodo.com, engadget.com, eic, possibly macworld.com. I'm sure I'm missing a few.
Thanks, I'll have them all loaded in Firefox ready for this Wednesday.

P.S Where has the thanks button gone? (aimed at anyone). I'm sure it was here the other day after the forum merge..!?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This is from someone I follow in Twitter who claims to have been beta tester: "the price will be 599, 699 and 799 depending on size and memory in Apple tablet. Also, wireless keyboard + monitor connection for tv, oled + back has solar pad for recharging, but it really doesn't work quickly. Verizon & At&t, wifi, two cameras: one in front and one in back (or it may be one with some double lens), battery life is great in ebook reading mode but not great when on wifi or playing games. 2-3 hours. It's running an iPhone os flavor with ability to have multiple apps running at same time (ie pandora, browser). The best part ofthe Apple tablet as beta user has been the built in HDTV tuner and pvr, and the chess game. Also, the Apple tablet is really amazing for newspapers. Video conferencing is super stable, but nothing new. Apple tablet games are sick. Basically nintendo wii-level innovation. Custom farmville app is insane. Mark pincus is demoing with steve tmmr"

I won't believe anything until tomorrow but we will see if he's telling the truth or lying in about 10 hours.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I will be getting home from work around 1pm central time so I am hoping to join the eiC blog then. Looks like I'll only be an hour late. :eek:k:eek:k

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It's running an iPhone os flavor with ability to have multiple apps running at same time (ie pandora, browser)..
bummer, if true, for me. I want an OSX-based tablet that will run OSX apps so I can replace my laptop. A big screen iPhone will not justify the purchase of a tablet for me :(

The developers portal is having issues this morning. Last night I was able to log in but several times it gave me the error Invalid response received from application and presented a blank screen. Same thing this morning. Must be busy or under maintenance. This probably doesn't mean much but it adds to the speculation that a new OS might be available today.