Predictions for leopard/iPhone integration

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I would have to think few if any. You don't have any OS X specific features with the iPod and I don't think they will do so with the iPhone either. Fact of the matter is, Windows sits on a majority of systems and you do not want to alienate a userbase like that (I personally run an iMac but I know a lot of Windows users who would feel disenfranchised if all of a sudden there are Mac only features for the iPhone).

My 2 cents anyway....

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I was thinking it would make complete sense if Apple made Mac only features for the iPhone. Your right most iPhone users are on a windows based computer, but we all know Apple wants them on a Mac. When webought the iPhone we bought it as-is, with no guarantees of new apps and features, so if they could use some really awesome features to get some people to switch over to a Mac, it would make complete sense to me! Windows users really wouldn't have any reason to be upset b/c they bought it for the features it currently has! But id love to see notes syncing and to-dos which are a possibility, and the ability to save files to phone would be great!

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Its called pay back time

I would have to think few if any. You don't have any OS X specific features with the iPod and I don't think they will do so with the iPhone either. Fact of the matter is, Windows sits on a majority of systems and you do not want to alienate a userbase like that (I personally run an iMac but I know a lot of Windows users who would feel disenfranchised if all of a sudden there are Mac only features for the iPhone).

My 2 cents anyway....
So you think Mac users having not been locked out of parts of the windows world since the dawn of time? When has being different worried Apple? In fact I'd be worried if I was in Microsoft's boots at this time - at least on a current Mac machine I can run both Mac OS and Windows (boot camp native and in at least 2 programs in emulation, by the way both run at native speeds so why use boot camp?). You can't say the same of Windows, I know there are hacks to run Mac OS on WIndows machine but they are complex to impliment. Who has more to gain who has more to lose? Comparing my iPhone to a few PDA phones (Windows based) and smart phone I've had the iPhone already has some unique features.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i think (hope!) that notes and to-do syncing will be added with leopard. AND, i think that it will be added on the PC side through Outlook (since Outlook *already*has Notes & Tasks) as well, so that Mac and PC users will have parity in iPhone functionality...