predictions, surprises and hopes for WWDC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
WWDC is less than a week away. What are some of your predictions, surprises and hopes for WWDC?

Predictions - Jobs will announce open development for the iPhone and a SDK kit.

Surprises - Another widget or two, maybe RSS feeder? 3G? GPS chipset?

Hopes - Jobs will clear up eligibility requirements for new customer, current customers in contract and current customers eligible for upgrading. How activations will work at Apple stores. Voice and data plan options, requirements and pricing.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
WWDC is less than a week away. What are some of your predictions, surprises and hopes for WWDC?

Hopes - Jobs will clear up eligibility requirements for new customer, current customers in contract and current customers eligible for upgrading. How activations will work at Apple stores. Voice and data plan options, requirements and pricing.
I do agree he will announce some way for developers to get on the iPhone. I don't think he'll cover any other details about the iPhone.

I predict he'll give us a full-blown demo of Leopard and finally showcase the secret features. :eek:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Predictions - Steve will remain very tight-lipped about the iPhone.

Surprises - None

Hopes - Steve will announce pre-orders will be taken from At&t.com and Apple.com and will be delivered on June 29.:laugh2:

Don't really see him getting into At&t's side of the businesss. That just doesn't happen. He'll let them handle the contracts, extensions, and requirements. That's not his specialty.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hopes - Steve will announce pre-orders will be taken from At&t.com and Apple.com and will be delivered on June 29.:laugh2:

Don't really see him getting into At&t's side of the businesss. That just doesn't happen. He'll let them handle the contracts, extensions, and requirements. That's not his specialty.
Good point. A pre-order announcement would be good too.

Maybe this entire launch could be similar to the Mac OS X Tiger launch when they took pre-orders. I'll surely be on the Apple website next Monday ready to hit the Buy or Pre-order button should one pop up.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Good point. A pre-order announcement would be good too.

Maybe this entire launch could be similar to the Mac OS X Tiger launch when they took pre-orders. I'll surely be on the Apple website next Monday ready to hit the Buy or Pre-order button should one pop up.
Me too! If I could be guaranteed an iPhone sometime that day, I could put up with waiting until FedEx arrived.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
haha.. seriously, that ceo of AT&T needs to work on his presentation skills or find somebody else! i mean that might as well be anyone else ;)

The NY Times has been a very reliable source—so the fact they're mentioning an SDK is almost a given at the keynote. I would hope for a pre-order as well...

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
haha.. seriously, that ceo of AT&T needs to work on his presentation skills or find somebody else! i mean that might as well be anyone else ;)

The NY Times has been a very reliable source—so the fact they're mentioning an SDK is almost a given at the keynote. I would hope for a pre-order as well...
Not to sound totally clueless, but what's an SDK?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm going to step WAY out on a limb here and predict that Jobs will announce that all of the Beatles music will be available on iTunes immediately.

You know he wants to make that happen. And what Steve wants....

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
a sdk allows programmars to make software for the iPhone or anything that the sdk is for in this case being the iPhone.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Predictions - Jobs will announce an online preorder date for the iPhone and the future availability of an iPhone SDK.

Surprises - I really don't know. I guess they wouldn't be surprises if I did ;).

Hopes - Jobs announces the following iPhone features:
  • Voice Dial/Recognition
  • A2DP & AVRCP Bluetooth Profiles
  • Video Recording

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
This guy is making some BOLD predictions - http://www.myallo.com/article?artid=2513027

First, he’ll talk about the iPhone. He’ll show a production model. He’ll talk about the tinyBluetooth headset bundled in the package. He will show the iPhone dock in the package that lets you plug in the phone and charge the earpiece. He will mention the iPhone dock connector is compatible with almost all current iPhone accessories that plug in to an iPod, especially the interfaces in many current automobiles. He will announce new iPhone interfaces in some cars that integrate both music and phone functions into the automobile. He will talk about the new stereo bluetooth headphones that are available and how great they sound playing music. He will mention iPhone’s software update system which happens through iTunes syncing. He will show functions he didn’t cover, including the calendar and notepad apps. The notepad is essentially the Mac Preview app and opens PDF, Word, Pages, and Keynote files. He will show new apps including Apple Remote Access and the GPS turn by turn directions tied into Google Maps. He will show printing to Bluetooth printers and over WiFi to printers on local networks. He will say DashCode widgets will run on the iPhone, allowing anyone to write simple iPhone apps. Oh, one more thing - he will sell iPhones to anyone at WWDC who wants one out in the hall right after the speech. WWDC attendees will be the first iPhone customers, two weeks before anyone else can get them. Then he will talk about .Mac, which hasn’t been updated in a while. He will show full integration with the iPhone. He will show that .Mac will push EMail to the iPhone. He will show iPhone syncing directly with .Mac’s calendar, address book, and bookmarks. Oh, one more thing, a free year of .Mac comes with your iPhone.
:eek:

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
I know from what we have learned from Steve Jobs in the past few months, he is very tightlipped...This means we won't be getting new informaton on things they haven't announced to us yet...However, we might get some info on the service plans and costs that will go on with AT&T though...

Honestly I just can not wait till I get my hands on the iPhone.

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Its a world conference for Apple...They usually introduce new products and future plans...It is from June 11th till June 15th if I am not mistaking.