Pregnancy, STD's, contraception

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The right place for all kind of questions and discussions.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
? are you having a baby? do you have an std? are you trying to prevent one of the those?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
She's offering up her services and knowledge as a gyno.

Think of it as a virtual "dear abby"

So, ya got anything else to contribute to the thread? ;)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
She's offering up her services and knowledge as a gyno.

Think of it as a virtual "dear abby"

So, ya got anything else to contribute to the thread? ;)
no figured it out in your response in other thread

H

Hayesimus

Can I get an STD from responding to Napoleon_PhoneApart's posts?

H

Hayesimus

Is it true that if you don't USE it, you LOSE it?!?!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
No specific questions, yet. My oldest daughter is 9 and the next in line is 6. Not sure what they are picking up in school. I periodically try to inquire how much knowledge they have without pushing too hard.

A couple of months ago I heard a very alarming article on the evening news/today show regarding a potential epidemic of STDs among teens. I can't remember the details other than it scared the living daylights out of me.

Three daughters who are going to have to learn from mistakes. Not sure the dog and I can handle that, well.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I used to be on the pill. I got off it due to it making me feel crazy and lack of sex drive. This was about 9-10 years ago. Are the pills better now? Do you suggest certain pills that are better than others? (I was actually thinking about this this morning, thanks for the prompt).

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I sure made you talk! But seriously, after that thread on "How often do you pee?" to which nobody seemed offended, I thought I could at least provide some useful info! I'll attend to it when I have time. I actually go to work too!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Is it true that "the pill" uses hormones to trick a woman's body into thinking it's in the very beginning stage of pregnancy, and that's why it prevents any "new" pregnancies?
And if it is, I had heard that because the pill keeps a woman in this beginning stage of false pregnancy, that her body starts gearing up for milk production, but never actually goes into it, and this is a major contributing factor in breast cancer?
Is this true? It is something that my wife and I were told when we were going through our catholic marriage prep course. It was part of the Family planning portion.

H

Hayesimus

well, i was told one time that all the pill does is prevent the egg from going through the tubes, thus preventing a period. and that when you are off the pill, they all come out at once! is THAT true?!?!?!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang, free medical advice. Nice. Can't say that I have a question for an OB/GYN but my uvula has been swollen lately and that's been nothing but a hassle.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No specific questions, yet. My oldest daughter is 9 and the next in line is 6. Not sure what they are picking up in school. I periodically try to inquire how much knowledge they have without pushing too hard.

A couple of months ago I heard a very alarming article on the evening news/today show regarding a potential epidemic of STDs among teens. I can't remember the details other than it scared the living daylights out of me.

Three daughters who are going to have to learn from mistakes. Not sure the dog and I can handle that, well.
It would be very unusual for young preteens to be exposed to STD's. At that age, it's child abuse, not consensual sex, and I sure hope there are very few sexual predators in our schools. When hormones kick in, as young as 11 for girls and 13 for boys, the only thing we can do for our children is to educate them as best we can.