Preorder from Apple or AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by damnskippy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. damnskippy

damnskippy Member
    Bronze

I have never ordered a phone online, always just went into the store. I plan to preorder an iPhone 4 but I am not sure if it is better to do it from Apple or AT&T. I want to make sure that my plan does not change from the unlimited no matter how I do it.

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

That won't make a difference. It will stay unlimited unless you tell AT&T to change it to a different plan. I'm sure you are okay either with Apple or AT&T. I have always used Apple.com and everything worked smoothly. Remember, Apple will take both Credit Card or Debit Card whereas AT&T will only take Credit Card.

3. jpw16

jpw16 New Member

Im the authorized user on a small businesss CRU account. Im going to do and upgrade swap. Will i be able to preorder through Apple or do i have to deal with ATT?

4. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

Here's what the possible easiest way to do this is upgrade through AT&T reason being Apple won't let you buy the phone through them cause of you having a Fan account (Corporate account). Only way you can order through Apple with out being hassled by them is to have AT&T take off the fan account 24 to 48 hrs ahead of time then pre order the phone through Apple. Which ever way works.

5. cabinets

cabinets Member
    Bronze

You'll have to go through ATT. Apple won't handle corporate/businesss accounts.

6. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I pre ordered my 3GS last year through the Apple store online. I have a FAN account & had zero issues with the process.

Unless Apple has changed something with their pre order process this year. I don't see why you can't pre order through them with a FAN account.

7. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

Like what happens though? You go to place the order and it won't go through or something based on your phone number? Or do you get some kinda error message?

Is FAN short for something?

8. trido

trido Member
    Bronze

Question I have a FAN account but info i read said no issue if i order from Apple.com to ship to me?
    I was told only to have att cancel FAN is your buy AT an APPLE store but NOT online do you have different info for us FAN accounts?

Trido

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Correct. You won't have any problems if you have it shipped.

10. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

It's short for Foundation Account Number.

11. Pkshepherd02

Pkshepherd02 Member
    Bronze

If I do pre order through Apple, will they ask for my AT&T information so they know that I have an upgrade? I went through the Best Buy pre-order last year so I just wanted to ask. And is getting your phone mailed kinda risky? I want to make sure I get my white 32 gb on launch day!

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

Yes it will verify that for you

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Apple ships with delivery confirmation. I think last year they used UPS.

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

I have never ordered online but don't feel like waiting in line this year so will I receive it Thursday or friday? Hoping not over the weekend or the next week

15. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

As long as you preorder in the first wave, they have always been delivered on (or before) release day. The website will tell you when it is expected to be delivered before you order. It'll say "ships by ________".

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

Thanks. Sure hope I can get in. The first wave

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

If I remember correctly, last year everyone that ordered before about 6pm CDT got it the day before the official launch.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

ok great thank you

19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

The real trick with ordering online is getting through to the website with the servers overloaded. Took me a few hours of refreshing and refreshing to get through.

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

were you still able to get the first batch? I took me about an hour or so but i was able to get one reserved last year for pick up