Preorder from Apple or AT&T

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
If the App gives me the option, I think I will try the in Store pick-up from Apple. Have never done that before, but it means I will have it earlier in the day and won't have to wait for the delivery truck! (I won't have to explain the package at home either!) Is there a downside to using this option?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
If the App gives me the option, I think I will try the in Store pick-up from Apple. Have never done that before, but it means I will have it earlier in the day and won't have to wait for the delivery truck! (I won't have to explain the package at home either!) Is there a downside to using this option?
Keep in mind, in store pick up means you will have to wait in line like everybody else and it doesn't guarantee you a device either.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
But Next wasn't an option a couple years ago.
It'll still come launch day. Next doesn't invalidate you buying your phone. They still get more their moneys worth and you get your phone. I pre ordered last year through next too just fine, but there was a delay cause I ordered at 2 am and couldn't get through, so I just walked into to target, put 50 bucks down and they gave me my phone launch day when I walked in.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Really? If I order with in store pickup I'm not guaranteed a phone?
No. I did it once. Never again. I was lucky and got one that day but I stood in line for 6 hours. I printed out the in-store pick up receipt and the geniuses monitoring the lines told me it doesn't guarantee a device. It was still first come first serve according to their supply.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
No. I did it once. Never again. I was lucky and got one that day but I stood in line for 6 hours. I printed out the in-store pick up receipt and the geniuses monitoring the lines told me it doesn't guarantee a device. It was still first come first serve according to their supply.
And I'm sure it'll be even worse now with the 6.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It'll still come launch day. Next doesn't invalidate you buying your phone. They still get more their moneys worth and you get your phone. I pre ordered last year through next too just fine, but there was a delay cause I ordered at 2 am and couldn't get through, so I just walked into to target, put 50 bucks down and they gave me my phone launch day when I walked in.
But were you returning a phone last year? That's where I'm unsure of the details. I know I could preorder if I had it paid it off, but I don't know if you can you get one as soon as it comes out if you haven't paid off the old one yet and want to return it.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Wow! That really surprises me. I thought it was guaranteed and many say there is a separate (and hopefully shorter) line for those who have pre-ordered. Anyone else had a bad experience with this??

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Wow! That really surprises me. I thought it was guaranteed and many say there is a separate (and hopefully shorter) line for those who have pre-ordered. Anyone else had a bad experience with this??
I thought the same when I did it. I was very disappointed. The reason it's not guaranteed is because you haven't paid for the device yet with in-store pick up.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
But were you returning a phone last year? That's where I'm unsure of the details. I know I could preorder if I had it paid it off, but I don't know if you can you get one as soon as it comes out if you haven't paid off the old one yet and want to return it.
Nope. I had talked to AT&T this year. They basically send you the phone and you put it in a box the new phone comes in, and send your old one off. You have 30 days to return it. I did it on the site just to check, and it says the same thing. All good :)

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Yeah the only ones able to pre-order for iDay would be west coast people.
Not really.. Just sort out their stock for each time. When it's 12am for us west coast people, we can order after. East coast would have the advantage, actually. They would order sooner.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Not really.. Just sort out their stock for each time. When it's 12am for us west coast people, we can order after. East coast would have the advantage, actually. They would order sooner.
True, I guess because it's earlier there it made think they would order earlier. I still think doing it all at the same time is best. May the odds be ever in your favor!

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Gonna order on apple using the app the 6 plus will cost me $650 with tax since I'm only elegable for partial upgrade and my wife will get the 6 for full upgrade cause she has the iphone 6.