Preorder maybe?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
this is the second time(recently) i've seen talk of the preorder announcement on the 11th. the other was from this guy. man that would make the wait so much easier. keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
this is the second time(recently) i've seen talk of the preorder announcement on the 11th. the other was from this guy. man that would make the wait so much easier. keeping fingers crossed.
Yeah, but he also claims this:
iPhone will be readilly available after Jully 15th, however you can preorder on the 11th and it will hit stores by the 26th of June.

Besides that he calls himself "MrDumbDumb." I'm not sure I'd trust the words of a MrDumbDumb. Plus, he can't spell. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I have been reading his posts for awhile now. He is wrong more than he is right and he often posts contradicting information. Maybe that is because plans for the iPhone have been in flux lately, but I doubt it. I think it is more likely that he is a small fry in the company and wants to feel important so he posts what he thinks he knows.

As far as the official word from AT&T, at this point they are neither confirming or denying a preorder plan. I emailed last night and asked hoping that the new commercials signaled that they would be more forthcoming with information. Here is what they responded in regards to preordering:

The iPhone will be available in AT&T company-owned retail stores, at www.att.com/wireless, and will be offered through AT&T's direct mail/direct response channels in June 2007. The iPhone will also be available in Apple stores and at www.apple.com. We do not have any information regarding an option to pre-order.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
yeah, im not saying i believe him, im just hoping somebody is right about preorder. i preorder everything, so i don't have to fight. i actually have friends who love to wait in line and camp. they like to tell stupid stories of waiting in line.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I hope there is a preorder option as well. I am not convinced that camping out will be necessary to get an iPhone from the first batch, but I am not sure I am willing to risk it. Right now I am leaning towards taking the preorder route (if available). I figure the biggest downside if I order with next day shipping is that I will have to wait until July 2nd to have my iPhone. While I won't be happy not to have it on the 29th, I would be less happy to have to wait until the next batch :eek:.

If preordering is an option, who do you order from Apple or AT&T?

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
I hope there is a preorder option as well. I am not convinced that camping out will be necessary to get an iPhone from the first batch, but I am not sure I am willing to risk it. Right now I am leaning towards taking the preorder route (if available). I figure the biggest downside if I order with next day shipping is that I will have to wait until July 2nd to have my iPhone. While I won't be happy not to have it on the 29th, I would be less happy to have to wait until the next batch :eek:.

If preordering is an option, who do you order from Apple or AT&T?
i would probably go to AT&T, so i could walk in and pick it up on the 29th.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
If rumors are to be believed, preordering will only be available for online orders. If true, which company would you order from and why?
gotcha, Apple.com, because it's their hardware, and im assuming they would be able to guarantee the order.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
^^ Apple. I'd imagine they may just drop-ship from China as they've done in the past.

If you do the AT&T website route, they may just redirect their orders to the Apple store anyway. It's in Apple's best interest to provide the product and fufillment... it's AT&T's to provide the service, not the product. What incentive does AT&T have to keep the product in stock? Not as much as Apple I'd say.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
I got into an argument with a Cingular/AT&T rep at work today after they told me there were already over a million pre-orders for the phone. You can imagine my surprise...

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
I got into an argument with a Cingular/AT&T rep at work today after they told me there were already over a million pre-orders for the phone. You can imagine my surprise...
i think reps get inquiries and preorders confused. those numbers were tracked by the people who signed up for email announcements.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
From what I have heard No preorder, same price for everyone, UPGRADERS GET SLIGHT DISCOUNT.
I went to 2 different AT&T stores today and reps at both stores told me that they are NOT going to be doing a pre-order and that it would be first come, first served. I also talked to a customer service rep via AT&T customer support and they confirmed there would be no pre-order. I didn't even think to ask about an upgrade discount, but I have been waiting to use my upgrade since January, so that would be pretty sweet.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I went to 2 different AT&T stores today and reps at both stores told me that they are NOT going to be doing a pre-order and that it would be first come, first served. I also talked to a customer service rep via AT&T customer support and they confirmed there would be no pre-order. I didn't even think to ask about an upgrade discount, but I have been waiting to use my upgrade since January, so that would be pretty sweet.
Pre-order makes sense for several reasons, but not allowing pre-orders makes sense for signing up for service and for press. Having lines of folks there to buy an iPhone and being able to send most home happy would be great press.