Prep for new arrival

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi Guys after many posts complaining about Irelands lack of an iPhone and my plans to get one to jailbreak and unlock it, Mr Jobs has decided to give us an early St Pats day present and the iPhone is arriving March 14th.

Now I want your tips on what to do in preparation for the day. By this I mean what do I do to take advantage of the dream machine. What do I need to do for example to make sure my syncs are seamless (music,contacts, photos etc). How do I prepare my imac for the big day?

What are the best programmes for iPhone

Whats the best protection (covers, screen protectors)

Any general tips wolud be more than welcome

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Hi Guys after many posts complaining about Irelands lack of an iPhone and my plans to get one to jailbreak and unlock it, Mr Jobs has decided to give us an early St Pats day present and the iPhone is arriving March 14th.

Now I want your tips on what to do in preparation for the day. By this I mean what do I do to take advantage of the dream machine. What do I need to do for example to make sure my syncs are seamless (music,contacts, photos etc). How do I prepare my imac for the big day?

What are the best programmes for iPhone

Whats the best protection (covers, screen protectors)

Any general tips wolud be more than welcome
get iTunes 7.6 on your mac,
download ZiPhone to jailbreak,
You may want to look into a case like the agent18 or the invisible shield..

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Your syncs should go seemlesly no mater what. But to prepare just make Shur you have all pics, songs, movies, and videos. On your 7.6 iTunes. Make Shur u don't have more media prepared to sync than your phone has room for. And if your jailbreaking goahead and look at ziPhone, you can go ahead and dload it. Lastly study the forums quit a bit before it gets here so your not surprised by its features or lack there of. Good luck and enjoy!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
If you don't jailbreak what are your program choices?
If you stay stock then right now your only choices are web apps. After this week's Apple SDK launch, that may change quickly.

There are plenty of pretty lame web apps out there, but there are also some that are worth a look. Check out sites like appSafari and Apple's own Web Apps directory to see if there's anything you like the look of ...