Prepping for your iPhone arrival

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
I've been caught a couple times in the excitement of having my new iPhone in my hands, getting to iTunes, and then having to wait for a new iTunes update to download and install (slowly)! How frustrating!

What else should be on the prep list?

- update iTunes to latest version
- back up current iPhone (if you have one)
- make sure you are on the correct Mac OS (if on a Mac - I think it's Leopard)

Thanks!

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I will be setting up as new so I also have to backup apps like ToDo, Notebooks, etc. through syncdocs or whatever. On the accessory side I ordered a case for $7 from Handhelditems.com.

As far as iTunes goes, I guess 9.2 will be released in a couple of days. Probably about the same time as 4.0 comes out.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Making a sweet arrival on the 24th for our new iPhone we ordered through AT&T & Apple. Also the phone won't work on a Windows base laptop?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Those are definitely items a person should do first. Good list!
I would also before iDay get the screen protector and case, that is if it something a person wants. That way you have it first thing on Day 1. I would also document serial number, order number, etc for safe keeping.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Those are definitely items a person should do first. Good list!
I would also before iDay get the screen protector and case, that is if it something a person wants. That way you have it first thing on Day 1. I would also document serial number, order number, etc for safe keeping.
I guess your honeymoon is about over, unless it continues with a new partner!

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
MyRichLife said:
Also the phone won't work on a Windows base laptop?
under tech specs it lists windows requirements they would have some pissed off customers if they got their new iPhone and discovered they had to buy a whole computer. That would never happen

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
under tech specs it lists windows requirements they would have some pissed off customers if they got their new iPhone and discovered they had to buy a whole computer. That would never happen
I had to! I had an old g4 Mac that wasn't compatible with the new leopard OS! So I had to order the new 21" iMac.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
i already ordered zagg invisi skins for my iPhone 4, and im about to go get the bumpers now.

im giving my 3gs to my fiance, and i got her some more invisi skins and a girly case. she already has a 3g but its like extra slow

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
my boyfriend got a 16 gig iPhone 4 and got me a 32 gig iPhone 4 (since I plan to take tons of video and I have a lot of music on my phone). He'd never buy a new phone for himself and expect me to use last years model - if anything he'd take last years model, but I wouldn't let him do that either, for the same reason - I'd feel lame walking around with the new phone and making him use last year's. That's just us though.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
My confirmation email says to activate through the AT&T wireless site so I'll only use iTunes to restore to new or back up. Haven't decided yet.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
my boyfriend got a 16 gig iPhone 4 and got me a 32 gig iPhone 4 (since I plan to take tons of video and I have a lot of music on my phone). He'd never buy a new phone for himself and expect me to use last years model - if anything he'd take last years model, but I wouldn't let him do that either, for the same reason - I'd feel lame walking around with the new phone and making him use last year's. That's just us though.
lol you're making me feel bad. but she isn't inclined to new technology. and on top of that she wouldn't even be an iPhone owner if it wasn't for me! she just uses her iPhone to listen to her radio stations, and play bejeweled. but maybe if i don't end up getting white and i have to get black next thursday, i will give her the black one, and get the white when it comes out. MAYBE ;)

oh and the 3gs im giving her i bought in february of this year, because i lost my 3gs i got on iDay of last year. so its practically new!

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
lol you're making me feel bad. but she isn't inclined to new technology. and on top of that she wouldn't even be an iPhone owner if it wasn't for me! she just uses her iPhone to listen to her radio stations, and play bejeweled. but maybe if i don't end up getting white and i have to get black next thursday, i will give her the black one, and get the white when it comes out. MAYBE ;)

oh and the 3gs im giving her i bought in february of this year, because i lost my 3gs i got on iDay of last year. so its practically new!
Well if she isn't inclined to new technology I guess it isn't so bad. I'm a gadget nut just as bad as any guy, and my bf knows this :)

Just think though, if you get her the new one, you guys can do Facetime together ;)

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
Well if she isn't inclined to new technology I guess it isn't so bad. I'm a gadget nut just as bad as any guy, and my bf knows this :)

Just think though, if you get her the new one, you guys can do Facetime together ;)
lol thats good and all but we don't need facetime. We live together, sleep in the same bed and work in the same department together! i see her everywhere i go lol