Preserved folder structure

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hifly

Aug 7, 2013
Most probably not. I think apps and app data backup depends entirely on the developers and what they choose their app iOS backup can contain. Did you backup your old iPhone via iCloud or via iTunes. I am not sure but iCloud backs up app data while iTunes backup does not.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It does. It's under Documents and Data.
The Verizon tech and the Apple tech told me wrong then. I was told I'd have to contact the Dev about it. The Apple tech messed me up when I upgraded to the 5. I had an odd situation though. But I could have done different than what he told me.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The Verizon tech and the Apple tech told me wrong then. I was told I'd have to contact the Dev about it. The Apple tech messed me up when I upgraded to the 5. I had an odd situation though. But I could have done different than what he told me.
You don't need to involve Apple or Verizon. You simply backup the old phone before upgrading (you should be doing this daily anyway) and then restore from that backup when you get the new phone.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You don't need to involve Apple or Verizon. You simply backup the old phone before upgrading (you should be doing this daily anyway) and then restore from that backup when you get the new phone.
I had changed my Apple ID a few days before I knew they would give me an early upgrade. I kept getting pop ups showing the old ID. So it wouldn't let me upgrade using the new ID. After I did it the tech's way, I found my problem. I had not changed the ID for FaceTime in settings. The Apple tech should have known to check that. It's one reason I'm here. To learn.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

hifly

Aug 7, 2013
Indeed after a look at Apple's website, one can see that both iTunes and iCloud backup app data and documents (which should include game saves)