Pretty disappointing!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Ok, so as most of you know, I planned on pre ordering the 4s. I didn't want to do it online, so I went yo the store. When I walked in, there were 23 employees standing around. About 4 customers. No one ordering a 4s. The salesperson told me that Att and Apple anticipated a huge rush today on preorder day....but he said they haven't sold but a couple today. He said everyone is very disappointed in what Apple did. Wow. I did see where a few of you guys pre ordered online. It really was nice not to have to stand in line tho.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't recall crowds on the day of preordering previous iPhones--it was on the day they were available. I would think most people would simply order from home or wherever. No need to make a trip when you won't even be getting it now.

Michael

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I don't recall crowds on the day of preordering previous iPhones--it was on the day they were available. I would think most people would simply order from home or wherever. No need to make a trip when you won't even be getting it now.

Michael
I had to stand in line at the same store last year for pre order. It was crazy.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I just got back from the ATT store just a couple miles from me. The girl that helped me said it was her first preorder of the day.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
A perk I got by ordering online was a 20% savings on my unlimited data plan so now instead of $30 I pay $24.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I guess there's a lot of customers who may not be ready to pay in advance for the iPhone so I agree w/the other poster that mentioned released day is where the action happens.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
trust me there will be a huge buzz on iDAY.. don't be disappointed and the death of Steve just makes the hype that much more.. don't be down... have a pill

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Well there has to be less buyers this year on Oct 14 because of the eligibility issues. Two of my friends are going to wait and they usually never do. I'm assuming half the people will wait for their eligibility to kick in.....luckily I don't have to wait!

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I think we agree on the next release date.

I agree with March 2012. This is a fan community. I think the real world will have even more issue with 3.5".
Have you thought of what kind of market response would be necessary for such a short release?

Again, I'm very much in favour of a strong competitive position from Apple, albeit for drastically different reasons from most here.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I for sure would not go by in-store ordering. Look at what AT&T is saying....

AT&T: 200,000 iPhone 4S pre-orders in just first 12 hours of sales

Apple’s long term carrier parter AT&T has announced that they have processed 200,000 pre orders for the iPhone 4S, making the new Apple smartphone the most successfuly launched iPhone yet. These 200,000 orders only come during the first 12 hours of sales, which started around midnight. Notably, these are just AT&T’s numbers and don’t include Apple’s own online pre-orders or the orders through Apple’s other U.S. carrier partners, Verizon Wireless and Sprint.

[COLOR=#343before5]AT&T has seen extraordinary demand for iPhone 4S with more than 200,000 preorders in the first 12 hours alone, the most successful iPhone launch we’ve ever had. It’s obvious customers like AT&T’s 4G network, which is the only one that lets their iPhone download twice as fast and talk and surf simultaneously...
http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/07/att-200000-iphone-4s-pre-orders-in-just-first-12-hours-of-sales/

And that is JUST AT&T. This time we have 3 carriers that will get the new iPhone at once. Hmmmm....

Michael[/COLOR]

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
We all remember the insanity trying to pre order the iPhone 4 last year. It was next impossible to get one and then the stock disappeared. It literally took me less than 5 min to pre order one on ATT this afternoon.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm sorry, but Att is simply lying. They have to be. I have three people come to my house this evening, and all three had iPhones. I told them I pre ordered my 4s today. And they looked at me silly. They hadn't heard of the 4s. One of them did say that he heard the 5 was going to be released on the 14th of this month with no prior announcement. Does not seem likely to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm sorry, but Att is simply lying. They have to be. I have three people come to my house this evening, and all three had iPhones. I told them I pre ordered my 4s today. And they looked at me silly. They hadn't heard of the 4s. One of them did say that he heard the 5 was going to be released on the 14th of this month with no prior announcement. Does not seem likely to me.
Classic hasty generalization.