Price of 3G iPhone

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I want to get my girlfriend a 3G iPhone, but I'm going to be out of town, so I was going to get her a giftcard, but I'm not sure how much to get it for. does anyone know the price yet?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I want to get my girlfriend a 3G iPhone, but I'm going to be out of town, so I was going to get her a giftcard, but I'm not sure how much to get it for. do anyone know the price yet?
Not to be coy, but plan on a range between $400 and $700. Might be cheaper than $400, for an AT&T subsidized model. The higher price point may reflect the cost of a 32 Gb memory module (assuming that memory capacity is offered).

Another option is to run a Monte Carlo simulation; pick the outputted random price point as the value for your girl friend's gift card. ;)

Ginobili

Jul 11, 2007
yes the price point isn't known yet. you could give her a black check to Apple for the iPhone and she can use it when it comes out and you don't have to worry about it.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
A blank check to a woman? Are you insane? :)

My personal feeling is the pricing will remain the same as the current models.

Joe

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I don't know either but one things for sure whatever you guys pay in $'s we will subsidise in €'s. Just thank god your girlfriend isn't from Sweeden..... crap did I just say that, feck the iPhone get me the Swedish lady;)

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I want to get my girlfriend a 3G iPhone, but I'm going to be out of town, so I was going to get her a giftcard, but I'm not sure how much to get it for. does anyone know the price yet?
Have you considered the possibility of getting her an engagement ring, instead? :cool:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
How do you know you will be out of town since we are not entirely sure of the release date. Do you have a really long trip planned? You could always get it for you when you get back.

Better yet-you could buy it online and have it shipped to her. :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well hopefully it won't be over $399 or I may be screwed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2007
As long as it has all the futures that we all hope it will, and not just 3g and GPS, I'll buy it regardless of price.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Have you considered the possibility of getting her an engagement ring, instead? :cool:
lol, yes. i have 2 years to go, so i have a little time to save up. ;)

How do you know you will be out of town since we are not entirely sure of the release date. Do you have a really long trip planned? You could always get it for you when you get back.

Better yet-you could buy it online and have it shipped to her. :laugh2:

yeah, i have a 24-day trip. i'll be gone pretty much for the month of june, and im pretty certain that the release will fall dead in the middle of that month.

it's kind of complicated. i have to get her a gift for tomorrow, so i want to give her something then, even if it's a giftcard. the problem waiting to get it for her, is that she insists she doesn't need an iPhone, and i know that she'll tell me no, and not let me get it for her unless i just force it on her lol. she has admitted it would be cool if we both had iPhones, but she doesn't want me to spend the money.

i think i'm gonna roll the dice, and get a card for $435, and that'll cover tax. i really think that the lower capacity 3G will come in at $399.