Price of Apps

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've noticed that the price of apps fluctuate a lot.
Some have even gone to free.
My first guess is that the developer wanted to originally release it for free but it costs $100 to become a developer, so once they hit around $100 they put it out for free.

The opposite for apps that raise in price. The developer probably thought lower price would sell more and it became big so they were able to raise the price.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I've noticed that the price of apps fluctuate a lot.
Some have even gone to free.
My first guess is that the developer wanted to originally release it for free but it costs $100 to become a developer, so once they hit around $100 they put it out for free.

The opposite for apps that raise in price. The developer probably thought lower price would sell more and it became big so they were able to raise the price.
I noticed in many cases one kind of app would be put out that costs money, and then a different app that does the same thing would be put out for free, and then suddenly the first one is free (hooray for competition)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
lol
i think im starting to like the app store more than i thought i would

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's like the Shazam and Midomi Apps. Shazam has a disclaimer that is free for a limited time but Midomi has no such claim. I have a feeling both will remain free for the reason of competition.