Price point for eBay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheJustPull, Jul 5, 2012.

1. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

I'm debating selling my 3rd gen iPad on eBay. I simply don't use it as much as I thought it would. I have the wifi only 64 gb silver one, and a folio style case with it. What kind of starting price should I list it if I decide to sell it?

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

If I were to sell mine, which is the same as yours, I would start the auction at $599. $100 less than new and you are including a case. You could start at $550 and put a reservce in there also. I think $550-$599 is a good start.

3. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

That's what I was thinking, since it's in pretty good condition. If I do sell I would like to have it be at a price to move but not for too much of a loss.

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Agreed. You should have no trouble selling it. Start at $599. :)

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I always start my eBay auctions at .99 cents, especially high dollar items. Generates a lot of interest and competition, folks thinking they are gonna steal it.
    First thing I ever sold 15 years ago, a 1966 convertible Pontiac Tempest/GTO clone was up to 5k within 24 hours.

You can always put a reserve on it, but I would not recommend that. Tells buyers you are not serious about your low starting price.

Another technique is to start with a super low price, but have your actual reasonable BIN (buy it now) price set, say 530.
    That gets bidders to hit it quick, as they worry a first regular bid will kill the BIN. That works well for a quick sell if you are willing to offer it for a bit less than they are going for.....

6. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

I didn't think about that idea. I'm still not sure if I want ro sell it, I just don't use it as often as I thought I would between my iPhone and my computer.. But maybe I don't have good enough apps on it yet?