Prices for iPhone 4 and 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by dobymax, Aug 14, 2012.

1. dobymax

dobymax Member
    Bronze

Hey guys, was just wondering what is a good price for a iPhone 4 and 4S. I have the iPhone 4 now just sitting in the box and would like to sell the 4S when the iPhone 5 becomes available. Thanks for your help.

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Memory capacity of each?
    Condition?
    Are they JB'd?
    U can try a search on eBay for similar items, then do advanced search and select completed auctions to see what they are currently going for....

Dig your avi, BTW!

3. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

I've had better luck buying and selling on Craigslist but it's also dependent on the area. I can buy them cheaper in San Antonio while I can sell them at a higher price in East Texas. It's all supply and demand like everything else. eBay prices seem to be pretty high but you have to remember you then have to pay eBay their commission, plus shipping, etc.

eBay does have more exposure too so it's 6 of this or 1/2 dozen of that....

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

eBay is a great place to at least see what they are currently going for by checking completed auctions as described above.
    I've had success buying and selling on both eBay and Craigslist.

I plan on selling the 4S on eBay, with the auction listing ending the day before launch, with immediate payment required at end of auction.
    That way, I'll have dough for the new iDevice, but I'll still have use of the old one until I upgrade.

5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

So they pay you immediately but have to wait a few days until you get yours to then send it to them? I don't usually go for auctions like that. I always check how long before they ship after payment and that usually makes me decide between sellers.

6. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I usually agree to ship within one businesss day.
    If seller pays day before launch, I'll be sending his device within the specified timeframe....

7. TeamEagles

TeamEagles New Member

There's an app called egg drop and I had some feedback for my iPhone 4 since I didn't need it after getting 4s. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

www.EaglesTKD.com

8. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

So are you trying to sell the both the iPhone 4 and the 4S? Something to keep in mind is you definitely won't get as high of a price after the iPhone 5 comes out. You could sell one of the phones now (before iPhone 5 launch) and get a good price and use the other till the iPhone 5 comes. Like I said, the price of the 4S after the 5 is launched will be different from today. There's no way we will know this price until it actually happens. I suggest craigslist, it is a good place to sell/buy used items and get to turn them on/try them out before buying it. I would only suggest ebay if you have experience with it. You must be careful to describe the item accurately, there are shipping costs and ebay/paypal fees to worry about, and you probably won't make a sale if you don't have any feedback on ebay yet. Like I said, you should use Craigslist and describe the phone as good as you can. If you meet someone and they don't think it's what they expected, its ok and you can just wait for someone else to call about it. But a note about Craigslist: I would advise meeting in a public location with a friend/family member just in case. Also don't carry a lot of cash with you. I have done over 200 CL transactions (alone, but in public location) with not ONE problem, but it never hurts to be cautious.

9. dobymax

dobymax Member
    Bronze

Is it possible to jailbreak the iPhone and the iPhone is not activated? My iPhone 4 is jailbroken but I need to take all of my icons off and re-jailbreak if possible. Thanks.

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Since you do not need to connect to iTunes for any of the above, it should work.
    Just erase all content and settings on the device itself, then JB with Absinthe or redsn0w.
    Someone should chime in to confirm or deny....

11. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Yes and if you have an old AT&T sim card, even if it's not activated, you can still restore as new. If you don't have the sim card you can always just jailbreak and afterwards just restore it as new and nothing old will be on it.

12. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I'm surprised what an unlocked iPhone 4 is still going for on eBay. In the past 15 days, the ones that have sold have averaged between $400-500. Even broken screens are going for nearly $300. How drastically is this going to drop off after the new iPhone announcement and again after shipment, realistically? Is a legit unlock really that valuable?

13. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

I'm buying the 5 as soon as it comes out because my neighbor is giving me her upgrade. She doesn't need a new phone and is happy with her carrier so I'm getting the 5 with no contract for me. I'm still keeping my unlocked and jailbroken 4S until the new one is unlocked and jailbreakable.

14. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Neighbor's upgrade? That's cool, didn't know u could do that....

15. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

She has her phone. She's up for an upgrade. She does the upgrade and I pay the $200+ everything else = $250. I get the iPhone5 and she renews her contract and keeps using her current phone. That's how I got the iP4S from another line she has for her kids.

Lots of people sell their upgrades just like this but she isn't like that. If she's not going to use it and she's going to stay with her carrier anyway, why not let me have the upgrade? If her phone were to die I'll get her another one. She loves her flip phone so I bought an extra one off of eBay for $30 practically new and have it "in stock" in case she needs it.

16. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Wow, gotta find someone here locally that's down for that.
    I'm not due for upgrade till next summer and would rather not pay full retail for new phone....

17. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

People do it all the time on Craigslist. Of course they ask for money for the privilege of getting it discounted but you can always negotiate it with them. In the end the lower total cost is what you're looking for.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List