Printing over Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Golovemd, May 17, 2010.

1. Golovemd

Golovemd New Member

Guys, I have had my iPhone for right around a year now. I love the fact that it CAN do a lot of stuff, but hate the fact that I have had so many issues with these things. I am on my 3rd replacement (4th phone). I had two phones that had issues with screens that had entire lines not responding to touch, and a phone in which my wifi was fried by simply updating the software through iTunes. I would probably be shopping for another phone right now except for the fact that I have my merchant account software that is available only on the iPhone. My question is that I have purchased the printing app by Eurosmartz (which currently doesn't work. Their tech support used me as a guinea pig to find a fix that they then had to submit to Apple who then has to authorize it so they can then fix the app on my phone. Unreal. Not an Apple fan :mad:) So what I am looking and hoping to do is setup a bluetooth printer in my work van, so I can place invoices and credit card receipts in the print queue on my laptop, which then will print via bluetooth to the printer. I have no way to test any of this until Apple authorizes the fix for the app I bought. Does anyone know if this will be possible to accomplish?

2. blrossjr79

blrossjr79 New Member

I think there is a print app for that like Print Magic

3. Golovemd

Golovemd New Member

This app allows the phone to print via bluetooth?

4. JoannaB

JoannaB New Member

i have never been able to get my bluetooth to work on my iDevices yet no problem with my Samsung Galaxy! I have been told that its virtually impossible to use on the iOs system but maybe I am wrong. Try an like print n share, or an app that the printer manufacturer has created such as HP eprint etc

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

iOS users use WiFi for printing. It's called AirPrint. It works great. WiFi transmits data faster than Bluetooth.

6. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

That assumes the printer is "AirPrint" capable. We have an older HP OfficeJet 8500 909g that works on WiFi but we must use a helper app like PrinterPro by Readdle. Our 6500, which is sold as "AirPrint" capable, works more reliably through email than through AP.
    YMMV

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nope. Mine isn't AirPrint-compatible and it still works with AirPrint. I'd don't need an iOS app for printing. Pretty much any WiFi printer will work with AirPrint. You just have to install a program on the Mac or PC to make it compatible. Once it's installed, you don't have to do anything on the computer other than make sure it's on when you want to print.

Of course, if it's AirPrint-compatible, nothing needs to be installed on the computer and the computer doesn't need to be on.

8. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry, I missed the BLUETOOTH part of the discussion … never mind. I'd never heard about using BT for printing. Our printers are using Bonjour.