Printing photos directly from iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Imagine09

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Just an FYI..
I connected my iPhone via USB cable directly to my stand-alone printer (an HP Photosmart A617). The printer immediately recognized the 21 photos that I had stored in the Camera Roll. I was able to view the photos through my printer; cycle through each one; select and then print them out.
I was amazed at how seamless and easy that was...:laugh2:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Wow. Well It probably just recognized it as a camera like PCs do. Could you only print out the pictures you took ? Or could you drag a pic from your computer into your camera roll?

Imagine09

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Printing Photos directing from iPhone

Wow. Well It probably just recognized it as a camera like PCs do. Could you only print out the pictures you took ? Or could you drag a pic from your computer into your camera roll?
I just tried several times to drag an existing pic from my pc and placing it in the Camera Roll section (Apple iPhone\internal storage\dcim\100Apple) but, was unable...
I checked the properties for the folder thinking it was protected and noticed that the attributes (read only and hidden) are greyed out. Looks like a no go-I try some other things and let you know if I have any success.:(

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The printer is just dectecting the memory where the pictures are stored.
It's like plugging in a memory card into the printer, it's similar.

But I also have a Brother All in One that is pretty cool. It's WiFi and works with Windows and Mac OSX and has this other function called Pict. Bridge.

It has the normal memory card slots and supports printing directly from the printer. But it also has this other function called Picture Bridge I think invented maybe by Kodak?
Pict Bridge, is a normal USB port in the front, but if your phone supports picture bridge, you can select the photo to print from your PHONE, and not the printers LCD.
You basically, just use the phone to print like a PC. My Sony Ericsson k790a has it, and it works pretty well.

Imagine09

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Printing Photos directing from iPhone

One more follow up...

I noticed that when I went to disconnect my iPhone that it had been charging. I guess that makes sense because of the USB-pretty cool...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yes, you can also charge it from a PS3. Anything with a USB port.

Funny thing is I can use the iPhone charger it came with, the AC one to charge my PS3 and Xbox 360 controller. (Use Live on PC, don't own 360 anymore)

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
haha thats great charging from your printer. I was just charging from my 360 last night.
Suprised your Xbox 360 didn't overheat or break. I had the Permium and that broke, under warranty, and then a Elite HDMI one.

Forgot to mention also...

If you plug the iPhone into a 360 or a PS3, you should be able to view the pictures on it and play a Slideshow.