Privacy icon not showing on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by panele01, Mar 25, 2016.

1. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Hello everyone,
    I have tried some testing on my iPhone yesterday and i noticed my privacy icon doesn't show up on my screen when i turn it on and if i turn it on,it shows up not the moment when i turn it on and a bit latter and if it shows up,it doesn't stay there when it is turned on,what is wrong? What is going on? Is there a serious problem with my iPhone or it could be a serious problem with iPhone's battery,please if you know,help me!

#1 panele01, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

What "privacy" icon are you talking about? Screenshot?

3. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Ledsteplin this one,a small icon which appears above the screen in iPhone,near the battery icon

4. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

5. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

It is circled in red and the arrow is pointing at it,can you see? Do you know,what i am talking about dear?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That is the Location Services icon, which shows up in the status bar when apps or system services request your iPhone’s location. If it isn’t on, it means nothing is currently requesting your location. Perhaps you’re no longer using a specific app that was doing a lot of location services requests… Why don’t you test it yourself—do a Find My iPhone on your own iPhone from your iPhone. The Location Services icon should come on at least for a few seconds while your iPhone is being located.

If the icon fails to turn on but your location is ascertained, then (and only then) would I wonder why the icon isn’t working...

7. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Hmmmmmm.......ok,i see,but isn't that suppose to be on there when you turn it on? I mean on the screen above,near the battery icon,Doesn't matter what? Rafagon,dear

8. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Ok,i will try to do it,thank you very much

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I power-cycled my phone now to test the theory, and yes, in my case, the Location Services icon came on briefly after turning the phone back on. However, this may vary from iPhone to iPhone depending on the user’s settings.

[QUOTE="panele01, post: 1102767, member: 397933”]Is there a serious problem with my iPhone or it could be a serious problem with iPhone's battery[/QUOTE]
    I would not think there’s a serious problem going on. As long as it appears sometimes, it should be fine. Let me know if your Find My iPhone test worked :)

#9 Rafagon, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  10. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Ok,i see,i will try Find My iPhone test and see what happens

11. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

When i said that there could be a serious problem with my iPhone battery,what i mean is,my iPhone is a second handed one and the battery hasn't been changed for a really long time seriously,i don't know how long,but the battery doesn't last too long without charging

12. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Can a new battery bought from eBay be trustable? Will it be ok 100%? Will it work better and properly? Do you know?

13. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

I mean iPhone new battery bought from eBay......hmmmmm

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't think the location icon comes on just because you turn your phone on. It does if there is an app or system using the location. If nothing is currently using location, then it may not show.

15. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Oh ok,i see dear,thank you very much dear

16. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

And what i meant was,is when you turn the location service in your iPhone settings,not when you turn your iPhone on.......hmmmmmm

17. panele01

panele01 Member
    Bronze

Correction: Location Services on in your iPhone Settings