Privacy icon not showing on my iPhone?

panele01

Bronze
Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have tried some testing on my iPhone yesterday and i noticed my privacy icon doesn't show up on my screen when i turn it on and if i turn it on,it shows up not the moment when i turn it on and a bit latter and if it shows up,it doesn't stay there when it is turned on,what is wrong? What is going on? Is there a serious problem with my iPhone or it could be a serious problem with iPhone's battery,please if you know,help me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hello everyone,
I have tried some testing on my iPhone yesterday and i noticed my privacy icon doesn't show up on my screen when i turn it on and if i turn it on,it shows up not the moment when i turn it on and a bit latter and if it shows up,it doesn't stay there when it is turned on,what is wrong? What is going on? Is there a serious problem with my iPhone or it could be a serious problem with iPhone's battery,please if you know,help me!!!
That is the Location Services icon, which shows up in the status bar when apps or system services request your iPhone’s location. If it isn’t on, it means nothing is currently requesting your location. Perhaps you’re no longer using a specific app that was doing a lot of location services requests… Why don’t you test it yourself—do a Find My iPhone on your own iPhone from your iPhone. The Location Services icon should come on at least for a few seconds while your iPhone is being located.

If the icon fails to turn on but your location is ascertained, then (and only then) would I wonder why the icon isn’t working...

panele01

Bronze
Dec 22, 2015
Hmmmmmm.......ok,i see,but isn't that suppose to be on there when you turn it on? I mean on the screen above,near the battery icon,Doesn't matter what? Rafagon,dear

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hmmmmmm.......ok,i see,but isn't that suppose to be on there when you turn it on? I mean on the screen above,near the battery icon,Doesn't matter what? Rafagon,dear
I power-cycled my phone now to test the theory, and yes, in my case, the Location Services icon came on briefly after turning the phone back on. However, this may vary from iPhone to iPhone depending on the user’s settings.

[QUOTE="panele01, post: 1102767, member: 397933”]Is there a serious problem with my iPhone or it could be a serious problem with iPhone's battery[/QUOTE]
I would not think there’s a serious problem going on. As long as it appears sometimes, it should be fine. Let me know if your Find My iPhone test worked :)

Last edited:

panele01

Bronze
Dec 22, 2015
When i said that there could be a serious problem with my iPhone battery,what i mean is,my iPhone is a second handed one and the battery hasn't been changed for a really long time seriously,i don't know how long,but the battery doesn't last too long without charging

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I don't think the location icon comes on just because you turn your phone on. It does if there is an app or system using the location. If nothing is currently using location, then it may not show.

panele01

Bronze
Dec 22, 2015
And what i meant was,is when you turn the location service in your iPhone settings,not when you turn your iPhone on.......hmmmmmm