"Private" Notes

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by bballrob, Aug 4, 2014.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Is there a way to make Notes private, or require a passcode to open certain notes? I'd like to add an additional level of security to some notes that contain information I need to keep confidential. Any "non-stock" apps with this capability that anyone recommends?

THanks

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

3. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Sheesh, it is getting harder and harder to avoid jailbreaking. Too many useful tweaks.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The only way to make some things private is to lock your phone. If you just have a few notes you want to keep in privacy, take screen shots of them and store them in a photo album app you can require a code to access individual albums. Or on Dropbox with a passcode. A good non cloud photo album app is MyPhoto. You can passcode albums and it has a secret place no one can see. I've used it for over 2 years. It also has the Aviary Photo editor in the app.

5. Matt Reid

Matt Reid Member
    Bronze

There is an app in the App Store that enables a pass code to access your notes.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1407171420.108091.jpg

~Hartly

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There's a bunch of 3rd party apps like that. They don't secure the stock notes app though.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Lastpass has a feature called Secure Notes for sensitive information. They are password protected. You might look into that.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can even write notes in Box, that can be passcode protected. The notes can be shared via email, messages or copied to the clipboard. It's actually a pretty neat feature.

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I knew I could lock the device, but that's not what I'm looking for. Seeing that JB tweak posted by Europa seems to be the best option, so it's time to Jailbreak The Golden iPhone. I had pretty much planned on doing so eventually, just hasn't been a priority. In preparation to do so, I've kept The Golden iPhone on iOS version 7.0.6, but do I understand correctly that I can upgrade to the current version and it is still jailbreakable?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep, the latest version of iOS is jailbreakable with Pangu. Be sure to update in iTunes on your computer rather than over the air on the phone. The jailbreak requires a full update.

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Ok. Link to the jailbreak page?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I noticed in the instructions that it says this is for Windows only, but when I click the Mac link, it downloaded the file, however, I can't seem to get the file to install on my Mac. Any ideas?

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It was Windows-only initially. They made a Mac version a couple weeks later. What you're reading was written before the Mac version was available.