Probably old news but..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I finally turned off the auto brightness feature, and my battery life is stunning now, easily twice as long. I'm sure you all know this already, but I didn't find a topic that spoke on this directly. Hope it helps if at all, and if it's old news my apologies.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Got it on the day after launch. I take it by that response it's old news. Sorry, just couldn't figure out the relationship between the auto brightness option while also having the slider there. It was just draining my battery and now it's helped a lot.

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
I asked how old because

many of us have found that after about 3 or 4 days the battery life suddenly got much, much better. I turned my auto brightness off because I keep the iPhone in a case and just putting it in the case affected the brightness... thanks...

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
I finally turned off the auto brightness feature, and my battery life is stunning now, easily twice as long. I'm sure you all know this already, but I didn't find a topic that spoke on this directly. Hope it helps if at all, and if it's old news my apologies.
When my battery life started getting better, as others had mentioned, I stopped worrying about finding ways to conserve the life. If by turning off the auto brightness I can improve on it, even better.

Thanks for the post.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Thanks Macster. It just helped me is all. I combined that with holding the home button to quit programs, as another member posted and it did wonders for me.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
And what's the theory behind this paradoxical finding?

My battery life is also better now compared to when I first got it but i figured that's because a) I'm not using it almost 100% of the time anymore and b) the battery has been conditined. I wonder if these are not factors for many people who are seeing better battery life. After trying many things, it's hard to attribute the improvements to one thin, especially if the passage of time and a changing usage pattern are also factors.