Problem Activating

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 30, 2007
I have an iPhone with with firmware 1.1.1 (not activated). I have tried for quite a long time to activate the sucker but I just can't get it. I want it activated but don't want an AT$T contract. All your help you can give me is appreciated.

jbone108

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Here's what I've done.
1. enter all 9's for your SSI#
2. you will then get a email saying that you need to call ATT.
3. call them they will tell you can't be approved due the bad SSI#
4. tell them that you do not have a SSI#. And you would like to sign up for a Gophone account.
5. this when things get tricky. what they will want to do is cancel the order and tell you to start all over. This will not work Trust me I fell for it 3 times in the last 3 days. What they need is force the order to indicate that you are required to put up a deposit or sign up for a prepaid account.
6. you should the get this email

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]With the credit information submitted, you have two options for activating wireless service.[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]1. You may go to an AT&T (Cingular) store and discuss requirements for obtaining monthly billing service. To find the AT&T (Cingular) store near you, Click here[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]2. You may activate your iPhone using one of AT&T's Prepaid Plan (GoPhone) offers. AT&T Prepaid Plan (GoPhone) allows you to automatically pay in advance for your monthly service using a credit of debit card. You can use your prepaid balance for voice minutes, SMS text messaging, Internet browsing and more.[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]To enter an activation code from an AT&T store or choose a new prepaid plan and disconnect/reconnect your iPhone.[/FONT]

hope this helps

Sep 30, 2007
It helps better than anything else i've attempted so far. But 1. The nearest AT$T store is 250 miles and 2. Do I have to pay anything at all for the prepaid.

My main goal is not spending any money when activating I thought it would be a lot easier

jbone108

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
You must do everything online threw iTunes. If you go the Gophone route you will have to pay for the first month up front but there is no activation charge. For the cheapest plan and unlimited data its about $55. a month